Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

I'd like to introduce myself somewhat. I'm not new to riding. This will be my fourth bike and I am excited to learn more about the 500r and share this experience with all of you. I have been following this new Honda release since the inklings of the rumour mill started. Finally saw it in the flesh this past weekend at the bike show. How many of you are actually purchasing a 500?

Look forward to chatting more, :D

Reactions: Hubbo

·
Registered
33 Posts
greetings vroom vroom.

which bikes have you owned in the past?

I'm not totally decided on buying a 500 but it is high up on my list of bikes i'm interested in, maybe i'll be a CBR500R owner one day.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Welcome!

Which other bikes did you have in the past and what led you to the CBR500r instead of something else? :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Previous bikes have been:

HD Sportster 883xl
CBF 1000sa
CBR 250ra

What has led me to the CBR500 is for several reasons 1)I like Honda and the cbr family
2) I have thoroughly enjoyed the cbr250.... Fun little bike!!!! 3)I am looking for a mid-range sport bike without the "flying by the seat of your pants" the SS bikes deliver 4)my son-in-law is our Powerhouse GM who gives a deal on the bike, future services and equipment (the family plan lol) 5)I like the look and feel of the 500 and it will fit my riding style. I do a lot of highway riding so the ergo's will allow for a comfortable yet sporty ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Son in law runs a Powerhouse? Haha I can see how that might come in handy! Let me know if you able to score a deal for other forum members :D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Son in law runs a Powerhouse? Haha I can see how that might come in handy! Let me know if you able to score a deal for other forum members :D
Believe me it has ? servicing for the 250 costs me the price of synthetic oil. On accessories and equipment I score just above cost. When purchasing a bike one wants to factor in future servicing costs so.....Honda it is!!!! These are solid bikes with a long standing good rep. Kind of a no brainer lol. I've been wanting a mid range sporty bike so I will have a go with the 500. I was considering the 600rr but realistically I don't need nor want 108hp. So, here I am awaiting the arrival of this new 500r.

If you live in Alberta, I will see what I can do for other forum members lol ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, then you've popped into Rocky Mountain Power House then? Jeremy Green is the GM. Honest trust worthy guy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup, that's my shop. Although I havent talked to the GM yet, just a couple of the sales guys so far. I was sniffing around the nc700x at the end of season last year and was planning on making a purchase in the new year. Seeing these 500's at the Calgary bike show has changed my mind though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cagary Powerhouse is awesome! Great group of guys. So far my man and I have bought 4 bikes from them and countless accessories and equipment. Have zero complaints. At MotoDan...give me a heads up and I guarantee I'll chat with Jer. He's given me permission to "spread the love" deal wise. I'd never take advantage of friends or family. ;)

Eagerly anticipating the 500r

Reactions: Fish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, vroom_vroom! I've been following your decision making process that looks to be leading to a 500. Not quite ready as you to make the jump, but things can change.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, vroom_vroom! I've been following your decision making process that looks to be leading to a 500. Not quite ready as you to make the jump, but things can change.

Greetings ole friend from the other forum. Hope things change for you. I knew the 250 was an awesome bike prior to its release and I have a similar feeling bout this 500r. Come and join the "other side" lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agreed!

This 500 seems to strike just the right balance. Enough power to be interesting, handling that might make boring roads fun, looks comfortable enough to ride all day, practial enough to ride everyday, looks to lust after. Oh, and it's actually priced correctly. What could be better?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Couldn't stop and visit the CB500 site without saying "Hi" to vroom-vroom! I miss your wisdom and humor from back when in the CBR250R forum. Hope you're enjoying your 500! Back in October, the Yamaha people abducted me and forced me to ride an FZ-09.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts