Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my chain/sprockets on my 2017 CB500F. First time doing it and I had a hard time doing the pressing the rivets on the master link. From the pictures below, am I safe to ride this chain? The rivets appear to be expanded enough to hold everything.

save
Wood Architecture Material property Font Bicycle part
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Crankset Bicycle tire

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I wouldn't be able to live with that. Curious...Which tool did you use for this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seem like you missing something bro...
Corret me if im wrong...but did you put chain rubber o'ring before clamping that rivets.. Coz from my POV.. I cant see it..

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just replaced my chain/sprockets on my 2017 CB500F. First time doing it and I had a hard time doing the pressing the rivets on the master link. From the pictures below, am I safe to ride this chain? The rivets appear to be expanded enough to hold everything.

save View attachment 73192 View attachment 73193
I dont like that, I think you have the riveting tool off center please try again.

plasma1

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Buy a new riveted master link and do it over with the proper tool and the help of someone experienced. It's not too late. What you did may not break but may wear out prematurely in that spot. Either way it's a dangerous situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts