Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 CB500F here. I bought a LeoVince aftermarket exhaust and, to my surprise, the OEM center stand was supposed to match up with a bump stop on the OEM exhaust.

I read in the forums that people had just put a longer bolt on the exhaust clamp. I tried 2 methods: a longer stainless steel bolt, and the LeoVince bolt that came with it, with a coupler to another stainless steel bolt. It worked for the most part, until I tried to test it. Once I put the stand back up a few times I saw that it would bang against the bolt and actually bend it, since stainless steel isn't that hard.

What are my options here? I saw that some people were able to fabricate a bracket. I really love the new exhaust and the ease of maintenance having a center stand.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ran a 1" longer bolt with a section of neoprene oil line over it for the centerstand to stop against. Worked all right, but I decided that when I needed the centerstand for periodic maintenance I'd just fit it and remove when done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran a 1" longer bolt with a section of neoprene oil line over it for the centerstand to stop against. Worked all right, but I decided that when I needed the centerstand for periodic maintenance I'd just fit it and remove when done.
Not a bad idea. Do you know if you need to install the spring assembly to just use it for one-off maintenance items? I'd like to still use the center stand for chain maintenance and the spring is the only semi-difficult part to install, so it'd be nice if I didn't have to do that every time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I fit the center-stand for servicing the bike, I don't bother with the spring. What I do is to run a strap from the centerstand cross-piece to the front wheel to keep the stand from retracting, unexpectedly, which would be a serious headache!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I fit the center-stand for servicing the bike, I don't bother with the spring. What I do is to run a strap from the centerstand cross-piece to the front wheel to keep the stand from retracting, unexpectedly, which would be a serious headache!
That's a fantastic idea!! I'll definitely give this method a try. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts