Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the bike for three weeks now, just got around to actually taking some pictures of it. Been too busy working and riding the bike, haha. Anyway, for your viewing pleasure :)

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Red looks GOOD in the sun !

I still amazed how well these bikes handle OEM stock

They are just plain FUN to ride !

That's why I bought one for my commuter bike

·
Registered
223 Posts
.......Cni how's your gas mileage ?
Speedo shows 50.9 MPG avg.
Bike has 177 miles so I'm still breaking it in.
I've put about 100 miles on it
Bought it as a Demo bike with 70 miles on it so I'm still on the 1st tank of gas :)

At one point after 20 minutes of highway riding (50-70 MPH) it showed 59 MPG avg.

I'm hoping it will be closer to the 60 MPG range when It's broken in & I'm not varying the speed & gears so much
Most of my riding is across town with stop lights which makes for lousy gas milage :(

Still better than the 600RR or 1000RR but not as good as my 01 Elite 50SR scooter

600RR gets 3.7 gallons per hour & the 1000RR goes thru about 4 gal in 45 min on the race track
For comparison the Ninja 250 we raced in mini endurance last year would almost make 2 hours on a tank
We had to add a gallon to finish a 2 hour endurance w/o chancing running out of fuel or sputtering (cause the pickup was uncovered) in the turns

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm averaging around 55/57 and 90% of my ride is freeway so its pretty consistent when I control my urges lol. Im hoping to be around 60 or better as well once fully broken in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about you guys, but I'm finding the avg miles per gallon on the computer to be off by about %6-10. Its pretty good and fairly close, but not entirely accurate. Last time I went to the gas pump, bike reported I used 3.0 gallons and was claiming 57.7 MPG. Fuel gauge onboard was showing 2 bars left. In reality, I went 174 miles in 2.67 gallons, which works out to about 65 MPG. This was a good mix of city and highway miles. I'm pretty sure highway only the bike is capable of 70 MPG and if you're gentle in the city, 55-60 depending. Granted the first couple of tanks I went nuts and my average was closer to 40, haha! :D

Reactions: Shinobi
1 - 6 of 6 Posts