Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody , the Honda website states the CBR500R is 740mm wide , does this include the mirrors? I wish to push it through a 735 mm wide side entrance to get it into my garden shed . Will I have to fit a slimmer wooden door to my side entrance or will pushing in the mirrors suffice ?. From front profile pictures the handlebars look to be the widest point . p.s. It doesn't look like the beautiful red colour version will be available in the UK in 2013

·
Registered
175 Posts
The handle bars might be your issue. Sounds like its gonna be a tight squeeze between the entrance. What you might end up having to do is turn the handle bars to the left or right amd pull it through so you have more clearance to work with.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A small suggestion. The mirrors can also be moved upwards facing over the windscreen. Ppl do this when storing their bike.

Reactions: Nuvolari

·
Registered
175 Posts
A small suggestion. The mirrors can also be moved upwards facing over the windscreen. Ppl do this when storing their bike.
Yes, thanks vroom vroom for mentioning that I totally forgot about that. I have never folded them as i have a lot of space in the garage so nothing is in the way.

Will you guys be riding most of the year or storing it closer to the fall?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts