Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Need a little help here.
I bought the oem heated grips and wire off webike Japan.
Thought it look better than Oxford. It does but installation is a bit harder, especially instructions was not provided. I was trying to follow the 2015 version that I found online, it was fine until I can't find any 2p option connector in the front at my 2019 cbr500r.
I basically had to put everything back without achieving anything...

So long story short.. Is there anyone here managed to find the 2p connector at the front end?

Answer is very much appreciated.
Kind regards
Sam
Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Plant

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am not certain, but I think it moved from inside the front fairing on left side to somewhere in the middle. Or maybe it was the opposite of that?

Usually there is a YouTube video which would demonstrate this, for a 2019 model anything newer should be the same. But there was also a major change with the 2016–18 models, so they may be different to 2105 too. If you still cannot find any help with those, maybe try searching for the CB500X models as it may have a similar layout, though it has a three pin connector on the front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not certain, but I think it moved from inside the front fairing on left side to somewhere in the middle. Or maybe it was the opposite of that?

Usually there is a YouTube video which would demonstrate this, for a 2019 model anything newer should be the same. But there was also a major change with the 2016–18 models, so they may be different to 2105 too. If you still cannot find any help with those, maybe try searching for the CB500X models as it may have a similar layout, though it has a three pin connector on the front.
Thanks for the response, I will keep on looking, did found a video of cb650 2019, it has a 2pin. Finger crossed mine got one somewhere at the front too.
Worst case, I just extend the wire so it reaches the one under the seat.

·
Registered
652 Posts
There is definitely one still there, the front one is intended for the official Honda grips or 12V port.

The CB500X has a three-pin connector as it also has a lightbar option, so the extra pin is used for high/low beam. Sadly because the lightbar could not fit the R or X models, Honda do not give us the extra pin on our bikes even though it could be useful for third-parties.

Thinking about it more, have a feel about the inside of fairings before removing them to see if you can find a gap where the cables might pass through. When it was on the left I believe there was a gap where you could reach inside and feel the connector, but you would need to remove them to unclip it and wire something in.

I am going by memory of what I have read before as my bike is the CB500F. I bought it with the Honda grips, but sadly they died two years ago but because of Covid I have not been able to do anything about them yet. The built-in controller is a lot neater than the separate module needed for third-party ones, and they get hot enough in winter for me to tolerate riding, and I have bad hands, so I think you will be happy with them.

·
Registered
2021 CBR500R Metalloid White
14 Posts
Hi all,
Need a little help here.
I bought the oem heated grips and wire off webike Japan.
Thought it look better than Oxford. It does but installation is a bit harder, especially instructions was not provided. I was trying to follow the 2015 version that I found online, it was fine until I can't find any 2p option connector in the front at my 2019 cbr500r.
I basically had to put everything back without achieving anything...

So long story short.. Is there anyone here managed to find the 2p connector at the front end?

Answer is very much appreciated.
Kind regards
Sam View attachment 73157
I just wired to rear option so I didn't have to look for front lol. R&g grips had plenty of wire in the harness to run it that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone! Finally managed to take everything apart and found the 2pin! It's under the left hand side of the front where the dash board is. I had to take down the both fairing on the side, then the front in order to see it... Lots of work, but worth it. Oem hand grip looks good and warm enough!
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts