Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I work in a massive dealership group in Canada. We purchased a honda powerhouse store recently which i called today and they said they expect them to be purchasable by end of the FEB! just incase anyone was interested. Once i get it ill let everyone know invoice price to help make negotiations a bit easier ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would be great! What province are you in? I hope that Honda Canada finally has some price parity with US pricing. It was disappointing this past summer to see the NC700X advertised 7K in the US and it is 9K here plus dealer prep and delivery. That is almost 30% higher! I hope these new bikes are priced closer to US pricing.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
If only i live near you Domino! If only... i would really like to know what the canada pricing is like for the honda cbr500

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey all

I work in a massive dealership group in Canada. We purchased a honda powerhouse store recently which i called today and they said they expect them to be purchasable by end of the FEB! just incase anyone was interested. Once i get it ill let everyone know invoice price to help make negotiations a bit easier ;D
It's the end of Feb, any word :)

Please let us know of any other information you may know!

·
Registered
23 Posts
is this just for canada?

im in new jersey, our local honda dealer told me the middle to end of april for release!
that's odd, usually the U.S gets everything first last i check, not that i have problem with it.

hopefully we'll get to see something on Canadian CBR500's popping up soon, i can't wait

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Time is a ticking and excitement is around the corner cant wait to test ride all three 2013 Honda CBR500s. Mainly interested in the CBR500R but Now when i really look at it i might be interested in the CBR500F as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here in IL none of the Honda dealers seem to know when these bikes will be coming. I've had some say "Middle of Feb", "March" and "April" and one guy went "Uhh CB500 wha?"

It does not inspire confidence.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Thats strange. The dealer closest to me already shows they have some in stock. Honda 2013 CBR®500R ABS Motorcycles (hope its okay to post links here)
Plan to go down there later today to check it out. They don't show they have any of the White/Red/Blue in stock, but don't plan on buying for a little while so thats okay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
that's odd, usually the U.S gets everything first last i check, not that i have problem with it.

hopefully we'll get to see something on Canadian CBR500's popping up soon, i can't wait

yeah, im going to the dealer tomorrow officially to check and see whats up with the other bikes. but as of maybe a week ago, they said april. hopefully that changes tomorrow when I go check them out.

ideally they would tell me " yes sir, this bike will be in next week ":D

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I'll let you all know what I find when I go later today as well. According to their website, my dealer already has the CBR500R and CB500F. No sign of X though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here in IL none of the Honda dealers seem to know when these bikes will be coming. I've had some say "Middle of Feb", "March" and "April" and one guy went "Uhh CB500 wha?"

It does not inspire confidence.

From the reading I have been doing so far on the CBR500 release date, it seems Canada is getting them late Feb (which ends TODAY), and still no word, so thats a no-go. Then April for the U.S.

We really need some solid answers. Hopefully something comes up today!

·
Registered
9 Posts
update:

my local dealers website has all 500's listed on website, called up today and they said that the cbr500r would be in this month, meaning march. he didnt give an exact date or time frame in march. but he did say there was no way they would get it any later.

he did mention that if you wanted to check out a bike that was almost identical in specs and size to check out this yamaha, but I honestly forget what bike he mentioned.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I also spoke with my dealer today, he said they didn't have any in quite yet and it was only on the site because they already have all the information for it.

I was told it should be in in about a month as well and he said he'd give me a call a week before they are supposed to be in. They also told me that since they(the shop) have been there for about 50 years they should be getting the bikes before any other dealer in the area.
We shall see how true that is, but I'm really hoping I'll be able to get one when they do come out. Money situation will be a big factor, but a bike will save me alot of money as far as gas goes.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Thats strange how the powerhouse Honda around you seem like they havent even got a clue what kind of bike that is. Maybe in that region these bikes are not popular so they dont sell them. But what do you see around there most gold wings?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Honda Powersports facebook page just tossed up a pic of a black CBR500 with the title "Our CBR500R ... Coming to a U.S. dealer near you soon!"

I'd prefer if "Soon" was "now" even though there is still snow on the ground here. As I'm growing impatient :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Feel your pain brotha!! Red cbr500r arriving March in Alberta but the HRC version not until April. Although another snow storm is landing on us tonight I wld still like to have my bike :0 Last two days here has been ripe for riding and I sold my bike so I have no options to grab a ride here and there. Grrrrr!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So who on the forums here has one already? Just loserlazer? Nobody else from Thailand on board?
My local powerhouse dealer lost their status, so I will have to wait a little longer and maybe even pay a little more, if I don't find a new source.

Reactions: ROBERT
1 - 20 of 56 Posts