Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which specific CBR500 model is that? Cause I see Honda CBR500 pricing for Canada being as low as $6 299 up to $6 799.

Yeah, it's $6299.00 or so before the taxes and all applicable fees. If you find one that's OTD for $6299.00 tell me and I'll give you $200.00 lol.

I'll probably be able to snag one for just under 8000.00 after a little negotiating. They always offer bonuses for cash and stuff like that as well. A better option might be to just wait a year and let the hype over this new bike pass.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My son's friend got us a deal a 2013 Honda CBR500R for $7600 and some change out the door. It seems like thing always cost a bit more in Canada. Nothing you guys can do though unless you find a steal price down here and bring it back. Not sure how much importing fees are though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I recently looked into this and it looks like the actual import fee is only $270. Unfortunately, after you factor in that you loose the Honda warranty, you probably cant save enough to make it worth it... at least for an affordable bike like this one. For more expensive bikes, it is often worth it, plus, some non-Japanese manufacturers honor the warranty no matter where the bike was purchased.

·
Registered
61 Posts
During the motorcycle show our local powerhouse was offering an OTD price of $6930 on the cb500f. Not bad for us here in Canada (that price is with ABS).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got my 2013 cb500x for 8000otd including 4years of extended warranty... The only sh*tty part is that I won't get it until july or august

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am in Alberta Canada and here the X comes with ABS as standard option.
What is your opinion over the price?
8000 OTD for 2013 CB500X (with ABS) + 4ys extended warranty ($700 worth in Canada)

·
Registered
38 Posts
OTD price

I just put a down payment on a CB500F in Columbus Ohio, and the OTD price was $6800. The expected ship date is 4/25/13. Can't wait!

·
Registered
8 Posts
At the spring motorcycle show in Toronto, one salesperson told me they'd be selling the CBR500R non-abs for $7700 otd.

If anyone is able to buy this bike at msrp + tax in Toronto, please let everyone know.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I just put a down payment on a CB500F in Columbus Ohio, and the OTD price was $6800. The expected ship date is 4/25/13. Can't wait!
I just put a down payment on a CBR500R, non-ABS, also in Columbus Ohio, and the OTD price was just under $7000. I was told that the first CBR they were set to receive would be an ABS model the first week of May.

·
Registered
175 Posts
At the spring motorcycle show in Toronto, one salesperson told me they'd be selling the CBR500R non-abs for $7700 otd.

If anyone is able to buy this bike at msrp + tax in Toronto, please let everyone know.
Thats not bad is it like $6,299 msrp for the CBR500 over in canada? What other fees will ther be added on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats not bad is it like $6,299 msrp for the CBR500 over in canada? What other fees will ther be added on?
Yes, $7700 otd is the dealer's standard markup which includes freight, assembly fees, registration, licensing etc. I'm certain this figure can be reduced by a few hundred.

I'd be happy to pay MSRP + tax in Ontario (13%). If any dealer offered $7200-$7300 otd, I'd buy it immediately.

1 - 20 of 404 Posts