Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team,
I noticed that when I reverse the bike a bit, then I take to ride straight, eventually, when I press the rear brake I could hear a loud cracking sound, it happened few times.
Now the abs light is flashing, I tried to clean the sensor, and I changed the brake fluid. The light is still flashing.
Do you have an idea that what could be, if I can fix it by myself? Usually, I do everything by myself on my bike, I never go to the mechanic. Where I live it is very expensive.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
383 Posts
It is always difficult to describe a sound ...

When the rear ABS is triggered, it does make a noticeable noise (to me, it sounds like "cluck" repeated in slow intervals). Make sure the ABS ring holes are not blocked.

Your front tyre looked like Diablo Rosso 3, with a sport-race profile (shape). If your rear tyre is of a different profile (e.g. normal sport-touring), it might trigger the front ABS at very low speed. Although this is different to the mentioned rear noise, but it may be somewhat related.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Your rear brake pads might be worn and getting cocked sideways when you brake going backwards. Then when you brake going forwards they get knocked back into their previous alignment.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Not sure if it will work but you can try reading the ABS error code(s) yourself following the instructions here:

YMMV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
have you checked the wheel bearings? It happens to me and the ABS light was triggered at first and flashing. When the wheel bearings are damaged they create a misalignment in the wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts