Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

CBR 500R 2017 engine go heated

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  wendyjboss 
#1 ·
hello every one

i got quesstion i repalce my ratiador collent and then my engine start to heated more then before
i try again realse air from the ratiador
the steps was open ratiador cup then i start and motor until the thermostat open and then the level of ratiador collent go down and bubbles go out , i add more collent close the cup and wait until the fan kicket then turn off the engine wait until its cold and do it for 3 times to realse air
but its still dont help from heted the engine ( i got my resivre tnak level was up then upper line )
and after 30 mins of riding i hear that my fan dosn't works but i dont know why can its be the reson?
i cheak my water pump and its work becuse i hear a noise and the ratidor is hot when i touch
another think i wass my ratiator with a distilled water and mybe i dont flush all the water before i refill new collent its can be the reson??

or can be somting else.?

thanks Alex.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm not familiar with what coolants may be available in your area of the world. Was it specifically made for motorcycles? Was the coolant you installed "pre-mixed" with water and ready to use? Or did you need to add water to an undiluted coolant?

#7 ·
The water pump work well , every time when the vent start work the temp is up
So i think if have any sensor that tell vent to start to work and maybe the sensor is not good and ita why vent start work too late
Any one know where the sensor can be

#8 ·
The water pump work well , every time when the vent start work the temp is up
So i think if have any sensor that tell vent to start to work and maybe the sensor is not good and ita why vent start work too late
Any one know where the sensor can be
So you say the water pump is working, and the fan is working, but you can feel the temperature high on your body?

#9 ·
Yes i think every think works but the temp sensor give fedback from the engine to vent to start work but if the sensor take read not good exemple take read of 90'C and actualy its 100 or more its why i fill heating my engine more becuase vent need to start work at 90'C but starting actualy at 110'C
Its what i think it is
When i replace my sensor i will feed back here and twll you guys if its was the ression .

#10 ·
Yes i think every think works but the temp sensor give fedback from the engine to vent to start work but if the sensor take read not good exemple take read of 90'C and actualy its 100 or more its why i fill heating my engine more becuase vent need to start work at 90'C but starting actualy at 110'C
Its what i think it is
When i replace my sensor i will feed back here and twll you guys if its was the ression .
Could be fault in thermostat temperature control?

#14 ·
HOW do you know at what temperature the thermostat is opening?
The coolant water mix is not the problem. If the engine is hotter, the coolant will be hotter.
You have to fill the coolant level up to the very top of the filler and put the cap on.
The overflow tank has to be filled up to between the upper and lower markings.
When riding the hot coolant will flow into the overflow tank.
After a ride and after is has cooled down the coolant from the overflow tank will be sucked back into the engine.
You could have a thermostat or radiator cap that is faulty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.