Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I believe you'd be fine with either one. But the F may allow you to flat foot the bike more easily during a stop.
The CB500X's seat is higher to accommodate the extra ground clearance available on the bike, along with its 19" front wheel.
If you feel both are too high, like stated above, the Rebel 500 has the lowest in Honda's 500cc class at just over 27.2" or about 690.88 mm. But IMHO, you'll sacrifice fuel capacity and comfort that are helpful/needed for longer trips by opting for the Rebel. The Rebels are nice motorcycles, they're just designed for a different style of riding.
There are several differences, mostly minor, between the two X and F. You can always go to Honda's website and compare the specifications for both bikes and see if the small differences help you decide which is better for you.

CB500X has a seat height of 32.8" or about 833.12 mm
CB500F has a seat height of 31.1" or about 789.94 mm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe you'd be fine with either one. But the F may allow you to flat foot the bike more easily during a stop.
The CB500X's seat is higher to accommodate the extra ground clearance available on the bike, along with its 19" front wheel.
If you feel both are too high, like stated above, the Rebel 500 has the lowest in Honda's 500cc class at just over 27.2" or about 690.88 mm. But IMHO, you'll sacrifice fuel capacity and comfort that are helpful/needed for longer trips by opting for the Rebel. The Rebels are nice motorcycles, they're just designed for a different style of riding.
There are several differences, mostly minor, between the two X and F. You can always go to Honda's website and compare the specifications for both bikes and see if the small differences help you decide which is better for you.

CB500X has a seat height of 32.8" or about 833.12 mm
CB500F has a seat height of 31.1" or about 789.94 mm
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried both and the F is more comfortable, just for sitting. But I've heard the F is not for long ride, or at least the X is better. And I like long trips.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I lowered my 2017 F 1.5" with " Vortex" lowering links. Forks are all right "as is" but you may have to shorten the side stand or the bike won't lean enough on the stand to be stable.. Makes seat height about 30". Get an F and search this forum for sensible upgrades to increase comfort. Some of the comfort upgrades are a bit "pricey" but if you acknowledge the CB-500F as a very solid, long-term "keeper", the money is well spent. By the way,, my F model is my 85th bike, so I have a bit of experience over 70 years of riding and can say that the CB-500F is a really good long term keeper. Do not regard it as just a learner's bike and be thinking of moving up after you get some initial experience on it. Yes, there are more powerful bikes, more glamorous bikes, but the CB-500F is completely capable of going over 100K miles with very little expense and returning 70+ miles per gallon. I sometimes see 80 mpf on my F model.

Ralph

·
Registered
36 Posts
F seat not great for anything over about 100miles.
I
F seat not great for anything over about 100miles.
I rode my CB500f 370km (230miles) yesterday without much discomfort, but then I am only 84 years old and just out of hospital. It may be different for more frail types.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts