Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I saw the 500X at the Honda display in the Edmonton Auto Show. Looks pretty cool, but I like the CBR 500r the best out of the three 500s.

·
Registered
212 Posts
On Friday the dealership here suggested early June, maybe earlier . I don't even want to wait that long. July would be very disappointing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I hope your dealer is right and my dealer is wrong.

I would suspect it is more the case that Honda isn't feeding the correct info to anyone and the dealers are making WAGs in regards to the release date.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

Despite previous promises that my X would be here next week, it is now "Not for 3 weeks". That means nothing until at least July.

:-(

·
Registered
120 Posts
i've talked with my dealer yesterday and he couldn't give me any date. the way it looks now i think if we get it by mid july we will be lucky ...
It is very disappointing as i put 1000 bucks deposit in January to get it as early as posible and since then i maid 2 more prepayments 1k each.... If it doesnt show by 15th of July will cancel the order and get my money back... totally disappointed

BTW i am on the east coast too

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm in Winnipeg, and I'm told one will be coming in this Tuesday, I think I'll have to take a look at it and see how it compares to the F.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not holding my breath, I'm moving to the CTX700. It's not released in Canada either, but I'm close to the U.S. border so I'm going to get one there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm not holding my breath, I'm moving to the CTX700. It's not released in Canada either, but I'm close to the U.S. border so I'm going to get one there.
Have you checked out the NC700X? I rode one on the weekend and it's a pretty nice bike. The only thing I don't really like is the low redline. Well that and the price is getting close to some other bikes that I really want, but if i found a used one for the same price as the CB500 I would be very tempted.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the call today (Tuesday) that the 500X has landed. Apparently I should have mine by the weekend, basically as soon as I can get off work in time to make it to the dealer and pay him.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got the call today (Tuesday) that the 500X has landed. Apparently I should have mine by the weekend, basically as soon as I can get off work in time to make it to the dealer and pay him.
Are you picking up the ABS model or standard?

Regardless, congrats!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, Honda Canada is only importing black or red, and only ABS.

Of course, I am going to double check that ABS before I sign on the line, just in case...

With a little luck, if I can get out of work at a normal time, I might be getting it tomorrow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great news guys!!!! I am picking up my black cbx! Cant wait... I still habpve to get insurance and plate for it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made it to the dealer today. Mission aborted however. My bank is jerking around and I was unable to pay for it today. Saturday, I will drive it off the lot. Mark my words.

I think I can I think I can I think I can....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Made it to the dealer today. Mission aborted however. My bank is jerking around and I was unable to pay for it today. Saturday, I will drive it off the lot. Mark my words.

I think I can I think I can I think I can....
Good luck Moose! i hope u will ride it this weekend.
I already love mine...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts