Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got back from a little European holiday. Thanks to a friend I met through this very forum, I was very thankful get an opportunity to do a loop across Europe on a CB500X, kitted up with panniers, windshield and a few other good bits. Been a few weeks since I got back but here's a summary of my experience:

Link to a little album of pics from the trip, including route map.

Countries traversed : 8 – Hungary(2x), Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany(2x), France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria
Distance ridden : 6,371Km
Days travelling : 39
Days camping in a tent : 32 Total, 23 longest consecutive
Most beautiful places : Bern, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, St. Gallen, Annecy, Lyon, Dole
Most memorable place : Budapest, Where The Journey Began And Finished
Least memorable place : Trier, Germany - Forgetting their heritage
Places I wish I'd had more time in : Nancy, Lyon, The caves region of South France, Grenoble, Frankfurt
Places I thought, "I could living here" : Lyon, Grenoble, Graz
Places that surprised : Dole, France and St. Gallen, Switzerland
Best campsite : Camping Insel Bamberg - On The River With Amazing Amenities
Worst campsite : Caravan Petrakova - Basically in the backyard of a bitter old lady
Most impressive buildings inside : Margravial Opera House (Bamberg), Abbey of Saint Gallen, The Notre Dame Basilica of Fourvière (Lyon), Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Salzburg Cathedral
Most impressive structures outside : Hungary Parliament Building, Neuschwanstein Castle, Church of our Lady Before Týnčná Hlava (Prague), St Stephen's Cathedral (Vienna), Karlskirche (Vienna)
Favorite experience : White water rafting in the Verdon Gorge, France
Worst moment : Finding a rear tyre leak and having to pump it up with a small bicycle pump in the middle of a 40C day so I could get to the nearest servo 20km away before it went flat again; then do slow loops of that place in the heat getting the tyre slime to take effect.
Most fun road : Grand Canyon of Verdon, France
Most thankful of : My friend for allowing the use of his motorbike to make this trip possible.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts