Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post saying the CB500F was released in the US and already vandalized. According to the dealer where I purchased one (but still waiting) their arrival in the US is late and won't it be here 'till the end of April. Has anyone else heard of an actual release and where?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
It seems that every dealer is reporting something different because Honda has all told them different things based on size/popularity of the dealer, and availability of the bikes. The best thing to do would be to keep in touch with your dealer and check back with them often.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ya, Hondas holding back with release dates so they can show a quarterly profit to share holders. It is not uncommon for the dealerships to not know anymore than we do. Sucks being caught in the middle in "the price of doing business". Especially since the consumer has paid for a service and Honda exec's don't give a rats behind. April is all that is being communicated to the public as Dealerships don't truly know when. I was told by my Powerhouse GM that Honda has pushed back the release date until mid to late April. As of right now a stack of bikes are literally sitting in a warehouse 3 hours down the road from me but will not be released to Powerhouse as of yet. How f'd is that? I have prime riding weather right now and my bike is sitting in a lg building down the road I cannot access!!!

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
vroom, i totally understand you man.
Although, i am officially the first guy in this world to get a red cbr500r, i waited to get the bike for 4 months.
I first heard about the bike on mid September, 2012 and booked mine on 12th of December but although bike was ready, i needed to get a trip to my home country to visit family etc for new year so waited one more month to sit on the bike!
I wait altogether 4 months in total.
But, i am not sure why Honda USA is taking it so slow on 500 series.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spoke to my local dealer on Saturday. They will have their 1 cb500f, 1 cb500F ABS (MINE!!), and 2 CBR500r 's in on the 12th of April. Ready for the floor on April 15th.
No interest in the CB500x so far. Im so very excited.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
@ll.....I bought the 500r in January knowing it wld not be available until spring. It is what it is when it comes to Hondas release dates. Riding weather doesn't really get started until May here in Alberta so at the end of the day I'm "coping" well with my excitement lol. Found out this morning my bike is being delivered to my dealership this week. Apparently I'm getting the only HRC in this shipment. The rest are back ordered. It pays off having a son in law as the GM of powerhouse. I'm stoked! Yea!! Sadly I will be taking pocession of the bike at the same time we get our next dump of snow so I may have it delivered to my condo so I can at least have a good look over of the bike etc in my garage.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nope nadda! I haven't seen anything on the release date on the CBR500F. I will try to call and ask the dealership tonight and try to get a date.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My local honda dealer said they were hoping to get a 500f on or around the 23rd the dealer is www.hkmodesto.com their website stinks but they are great people in person the sales Manager is Mike Sutton so if you are in northern CA look them up on or about the 23rd for that 500f

·
Registered
70 Posts
My local honda dealer said they were hoping to get a 500f on or around the 23rd the dealer is www.hkmodesto.com their website stinks but they are great people in person the sales Manager is Mike Sutton so if you are in northern CA look them up on or about the 23rd for that 500f
i live in super northern california (redding) and my dealer said more around may 5th-ish......which i almost strangled him over

·
Registered
157 Posts
i live in super northern California (redding) and my dealer said more around may 5th-ish......which i almost strangled him over
k ... let me get this right .. because I am so confused ... Canada = snow which = later riding season .. but we got our CB500F's here already (I have one :) ) .... California = sun and fun = earlier riding season = they don't have their bikes in yet ... did Honda miss the mark somewhere??

:eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
from what I understand it is not unusual for california to get bikes later we have super strict emissions laws which keeps things from being sold here longer

·
Registered
20 Posts
I Live in Puyallup, WA. and I got my bike in Tacoma.
Bought it last week 4/12/13. Red CBR500r.
They had a Black one first on 4/9/13.
I either wanted the WhiteRedBlue or the Red one and the WRB one was sold, so I went for the Red one. Traded my 2011 CBR250r in for it. Only Payed $4676 out of pocket.
The Bike is awesome to Ride. So much more Power then the 250.

·
Registered
67 Posts
macombpowersports.com/

My dealer has already have 1 bike for display and he is expecting another one this weekend. I'm getting mine on 04/27/13 CBR500R ABS red...:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Atlanta Area

Mountain Motorsports in Marietta had a black CBR500R w/ ABS on the floor Monday when I was there. Said they got it in a week earlier.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I had to have the WhiteRedBlue non-ABS model, so I get to wait until June.
There is a red CBR500R ABS model sitting down the street at the dealer.
Salesguy tried to get me to buy that one at first, but my heart is set on the WRB!
I'll wait for it. The WRB is too sexy to pass up.
The red and black bikes look plain to me. Still very nice, but I think the WRB rules.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
A dealer near Greenville, SC was unboxing an F this morning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts