Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else considered powder coating the rear set and belly pan the same colour as the bodywork? I reckon it would look amazing on the red one.
It would probably look good on the CBR too.

Just picture it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I saw a black CBR with the belly pan painted black to match the rest of the bike. Just my opinion, it looked better stock. Just a little "bling"

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have you noticed that the right side with the exhaust is silver and the left side is black? It's just weird, I don't like it one bit. Will have to spray it one colour

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have you noticed that the right side with the exhaust is silver and the left side is black? It's just weird, I don't like it one bit. Will have to spray it one colour
I am just new to riding, and I really want to powder coat the aluminum belly pan on my CBR... but I am figuring that they left that one metal and not the left side because of the heat from the exhaust?? JMO, but would powder coating last on the belly pan if it gets hot?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I have contacted several places in Sydney and they all quoted me $100 or more for the sets and belly pan cover, little too much for my liking. Will give plasti dip a try as soon as I can get my hands on the right colour :)

Reactions: bigtuna

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have contacted several places in Sydney and they all quoted me $100 or more for the sets and belly pan cover, little too much for my liking. Will give plasti dip a try as soon as I can get my hands on the right colour :)

Not sure how well plasti dip will hold up to that heat.
you might be better off with high temp engine paint.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Not sure how well plasti dip will hold up to that heat.
you might be better off with high temp engine paint.
Have seen some people do their exhaust tips, in any case it is cheap to try and easy to remove. If and when I do find a cheaper powdercoating place, I will go with that.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just did the belly pan, right side rear set and rear pegs in plastidip this week. I'm taking it for a test run before I have those parts powder-coated. Don't expect the plastidip to hold up too long but was easy and cheap enough to do.

Matt

·
Registered
882 Posts
cheap? got my pan PCed for $25 looks amazing. Did it in semi-gloss black and it matches the rear of my bike very well while still blending with the mat-black engine(running OEM black fenders in the back)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'm not having it done, doing it myself.
considering anodizing as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts