Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking for 2019 model rear rack options, but I wonder if fittings are the same as previous year model (2013-2018)? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks,

·
Registered
523 Posts
Honda makes major changes every three years. Nothing for 2013–15 is compatible with 2016–18 models as the rear of the bikes are completely different. The changes made with 2019– models was not as great, but I have not seen any 2016–18 accessories that are also compatible with them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, check with manufacturer if any parts fit 2019-2021 models. Revzilla is also good as you could add your profile and its flags if a part works for your bike model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought Givi rack at Christmas, you’ll have to buy year specific. My rack covers 2019-2020
I liked the Honda one but not enough to fork that much cash. Needed a rack to put my top box on for work.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The problem with the Givi racks (unless they have changed for newer models) is they are no use without a box. On my 2016 F it is just two rough bits of metal, and the plates are not suitable for using as a luggage rack.

All of which was no problem for me, as I already had a box from my old bike I wanted to swap over. And the pillion seat has been good enough for fastening loose luggage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a Shad rack and top case for my 2019 CBR500R. I'm not sure if the F is the same but they look it. I know from 2018 to 2019 there was a change to the way the rack bolts on (think it went from 2 bolts on each side to one, where it meets the seat).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts