Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a tail bag to hold my lunch, night time visor among other things. Just wanted to share my experience on the bag and installation.

2016 CBR500R

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

I fed the straps under the tail frame.
Hood Automotive exterior Gas Denim Tints and shades

Bag Luggage and bags Personal protective equipment Electric blue Machine

The bag does extend about an 1 inch out in front of the seat but it does not affect me on my riding position. Only time will tell if I have to somehow find a way to scoot it back.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

When not in use I found I can place them inside the trunk and hid them
Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Trunk

Fits all my stuff with some room to spare. The bag does expand but I didn't need to. Wrapped in the microfiber towel is my visor.
Luggage and bags Automotive lighting Comfort Bag Gadget

I hope this helps my 500 riders out there ride a bit more comfortably. This does beat wearing a backpack every day hands down. This bag does turn into a backpack as well. Quality of the bag seems okay nothing has really stood out in terms of build quality. Link will be provided below, thanks!

Motorcycle Seat Bag Tail Bag - Dual Use Motorcycle Backpack Waterproof Luggage Bags Motorbike Helmet Bag Storage Bags Motorcycle Dirt Bike Accessories Amazon.com

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ooo, clever running the straps under the rear subframe under the seat. I hadn't thought about doing that with tail bag straps, but it's a nice, clean solution.
Yup works okay, if I were to change anything is I would run them higher toward the end of the tail. Only because I like to scoot way back in the seat when I ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts