Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the MCN (motorcycle news) this morning, 31.01.20 they have reported that Norton Motorcycles have gone in administration. Apparently also the hotel at Donnington Park has also gone.
So the peeps that have brought an overpriced expensive bike, you have my sympathy :surprise:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wonder how many times "Indian Motorcycles" has been recycled?? And would anyone really miss them if they disappeared?? Sorry, can you tell I'm not partial to "vintage cruisers"? :serious:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Makes my 1974 Norton "Commando Interstate 850" all the more dear to me. I had a feeling that the "new" Nortons were going to fold. Not for reasons of being a poor design or execution, but the market for nostalgia bikes is limited and a tremendous amount of capital was required to get a factory built and bikes available even before new dealers were signed on and cash came rolling in. Or, didn't come rolling in. I have never seen a new one on the street, but for that matter have seen less than a dozen new Indians rolling along either and the latter go back at least 8-10 (?) years. Most bikes I see on the road in central Texas and previously in Southern California have been Harley Davidsons. Big and expensive, but a good riding bike for pleasant touring.

RIP Norton.

Ralph

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wow. Nasty business. All the more reason to be very glad John McGuinness will be riding a Kawasaki this year at the NW and the TT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts