Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen this on youtube, I think the guy is a member on here. I think it looks pretty good

·
Registered
113 Posts
great clip.... i want this now
\

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
It just goes online with the brake light circuit right? I've looked into this before but didn't get it because I didn't know how to install it.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I purchased one of these from the same guy in the video. I'll pry and posy pics/how to when I install it (hopefully this weekend).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went with Kriss.com h4 Headlight modulator, and their brake light modulator. I have used this company previously. Definitely not in the low cost realm @ around $100 each. Simple, cut only 1 factory wire for the brake module, and the headlight is plug and play.

Is it possible to change the title of this thread to include 'brake' - would be easier to find in searches this way.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I also went with the cheap option and installed it this past weekend, but forgot to take pics. I ended up taking the wire harness out ( just had to cut a ziptie, replaced it when I was done), and soldered in the flasher instead of using the quick crimps that come with it. I can say that removing the plastic above the brake light/ behind the rear seat (2 screws), and removing the plastic from the wheel well (3 screws) made the work a lot easier.

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yeah that backoff seems the cheapest but it doesn't have that timeout function to prevent the flasher from activatiing when you're in a high traffic area where braking is frequent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts