Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find anything recent so here it goes, I'm trying to be more visible from the back, the first thing that came to my mind is a brake modulator, I'm looking at the TST Industries universal modulator but I was wondering if anyone has other recommendations for modulators for a CBR500R 2017. thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
For the same reasons, I installed a small set of LED running lights bars on my bike's front forks, and wired them in-line into the Hi-Lo headlamp circuit. Nice visibility and hi/lo LED flashing with my toggle switch makes a nice show. These were expensive, but well made, and IMO, worth the price.
I have a link below for the brand I purchased and installed. There are 2 pages for your bike, and a brake light bar is on page 1.. I'm sure there are other brands capable of doing the same. But maybe this will give you ideas for what's available.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the light bar is nice, definitely getting at least one. one question does the light bar stay on the whole time or off? thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
the light bar is nice, definitely getting at least one. one question does the light bar stay on the whole time or off? thanks
I'm guessing it stays on, but I can't give you a definite answer since I don't have this unit on my bike. Maybe, you can tell more by reading the company's description.. or give their customer service reps a call and I'm sure they'll help out. The brake light unit is linked below, maybe it'll hep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that's exactly the one I was looking at. thanks truly appreciate the help.

anyone else using lights or something?

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
Where I live, using a brake light modulator is illegal (we have mandatory brake modulators called ABS ;-), so I've went a different route.
Changed the red reflector on the licence plate holder to one what has LEDs behind the reflector, and connected the brake light modulator to that. Brake lights work as came from the factory, small auxiliary brake light is flashing on applying the brakes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where I live, using a brake light modulator is illegal (we have mandatory brake modulators called ABS ;-), so I've went a different route.
Changed the red reflector on the licence plate holder to one what has LEDs behind the reflector, and connected the brake light modulator to that. Brake lights work as came from the factory, small auxiliary brake light is flashing on applying the brakes.
Do you have a link to the Led Light? pics? thanks

·
Super Moderator
749 Posts
I guess different continents different regulations. One of those flashing white lights at the rear would get your vehicl off the road in short notice here.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Here too. You cannot show white light on the rear, or red light on the front, of a vehicle.

And integrated stop and turn lights are not allowed because one function cannot prevent the other.

i.e. The full LED array for the stop light function and the full array for the turn indicator function must be capable of being displayed at the same time. You cannot have an LED doubling up so that one function disables the other.

This web page from an MOT test centre gives a good summary of the lighting requirement for motorcycles in the U.K., which are tested annually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I cant find anything recent so here it goes, I'm trying to be more visible from the back, the first thing that came to my mind is a brake modulator, I'm looking at the TST Industries universal modulator but I was wondering if anyone has other recommendations for modulators for a CBR500R 2017. thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All. I have installed the Admore light bar on three of my Honda's now (the non-smart version). I love it. I do not connect the Admore turn signals, because the CBR's are sufficient, and it gets a little crazy with all of the blinking lights. The non-smart version offers super high visibility lighting in a much cheaper package (no smart downshift lighting, but I can live without that). Wouldn't ride without this additional lighting. I highly recommend the Admore bar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For anyone interested TST has the brake modulator for a CB500F & CBR500R 2016 - 2020 "plug and play" - In stock now. I talk to them sometime ago and they told me they weren't making them anymore so my guess is they dont have that many so don't sleep on it. I wouldnt hasitate to order from them, they have excellent costumer service.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I’ll second the guys at TST. Great products at a very reasonable price. Have their LED indicators front and rear on my GSXS.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I’ll second the guys at TST. Great products at a very reasonable price. Have their LED indicators front and rear on my GSXS.
Are you and the new GSX getting on well? Or have the autumn hurricanes trapped you both inside?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Putting as many miles as possible on it but rides are few and far between right now. Rain in my part of FL has been almost non stop the last few weeks.

That said, what time I do spend on it is a lot of fun. It handles extremely well and has plenty of power.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts