Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY! Just drove my black CBR500R home and i LOVE it!

It started to snow right when I picked it up, but it didnt stop me:p Now it's same safe in the garage:)

I also want to use this thread as a show off thread, kind of a motorcycle blogg, so stay tuned for pics, vids and other updates:):D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd like to do that with my F but my 'mad' beginner rider style is more laughable then educational. I will have to check this thread out from time to time to see what new adventures you are going to post :) :) looking forward to it!!

Congrats on the new bike! The forum is starting to fill in with new bikes nicely!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Finally got it buddy, congrats, that wait must of been killing you.
Looks good, I can't stop changing my mind over which color I like most!!!
It's so good to see more and more owners getting their bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sick looking bike man. I wish my dealership had the black one cause it would have been a tough choice.

it's a CBR gotta get red ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with red looking good, but the CBR500R in red is not available in Norway! (I would'a chosen black anyway) And black is the best color for the plans that I have for the bike (black bike with red here and there to match the logo) i.e red wheel stripes:):)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wait wasn't that agonizing, but what's bothering me now is the weather! It started SNOWING right when I picked it up, so the ride home was a bit scary, but I made it! Now I have to sit and wait for the good weather to arrive, but I can atleast wait in the garage with my bike:)

·
Registered
565 Posts
What a sexy looking bike mate, well done. Look forward to the mod's sounds exciting indeed.

Got to agree with SydCBR, the colours are too good to really 100% make a decision which looks better.

Awesome looking bikes and by some of the reviews here they perform just as well too.

The waiting game is a killer (be it delivery of bike or decent weather to ride in!).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Omg ... same agonizing wait here ... snowed yesterday and we have crappy weather in the next week or so .. im still crossing my fingers that I will be able to ride it to work Monday morning.

Reactions: Bmkristiansen

·
Registered
113 Posts
the cbr500r look a lil like the 03 cbr600rr

Reactions: Bmkristiansen

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have already posted this in the mods thread, but I'm going to do it here as well:

I have a whole list of what I'm going to do on my black CBR500R, and here it is:

*Red rimtape on the rims (already ordered!)

*Bagster tank protection (black leather)

*Frame protectors

*Remove the rear passenger handles

*Add a seat cowl

*Slip-on/full system - Yoshimura carbon

*Paint the aluminium cover over the catalyst black with heat paint

*Add a sticker to the front suspension (I know it could look cheesy real easy, but I found a sticker that fits real well and it makes the suspension not look so cheap)

*Gearindicator with blue LCD to match the tachometer

*A new LED backlight as I dont like the original one

*Maybe a xenon kit?

*Remove passenger footrests and replace it with a footrest eliminator bracket on the exhaust side, and a cover brackette on the other side (r&g makes them, so they exist)

*New race type rear sets

*Tint the windscreen

*Tint the headlights (tint film ordered!)

*Tankpad with "CBR" inscripted

*Adjustable levers (black with red adjuster)

*Rear fender eliminator

*LED turnsignals

·
Registered
565 Posts
Can you post pictures as you go along. Would love to see how it looks mate.

·
Registered
157 Posts
what are the Abus keys for?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts