Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Black Eye

50K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Black Eye 
#1 · (Edited)
#15 ·
I think I see a dog joke coming! :D

#19 ·
I suppose they would lessen the damage in the event of a spill. Your gonna walk away with damage if the bike ever goes down, the idea is minimalize the damage. But more than that they are great for use as foot pegs, for giving your feet another position on longer commutes/trips while slabbing it somewhere. I kick my legs up and relax. Probably not as comfy as a cruiser but at least with them it gives your legs another option to stretch out for a bit. I use it quite a bit on my CB1000R.

#35 ·
Just ticked over 600miles. Completed first service oil change yesterday, went with the Mobil 1 fully synthetic 15W-50 racing blend (most know this as the old "red cap") and stock Honda filter (15410-MFJ-D01).

You put automotive oil with friction modifiers into an engine with an integrated gearbox and wet clutch?

I use Mobil 1 myself (though for the first change I stuck with regular mineral oil), but I use the stuff that was designed for motorcycles with integrated gearboxes and wet clutches (ie, oils with no friction modifiers).

Motorcycle Oil | Mobil 1 Racing 4T™ 10W-40

#25 ·
Just FYI for those that own the CB500F Model.

T-Rex Racing (Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks) currently has my bike in their possession. Research & Development Department is going over the bike and making products for what they can regarding sliders(frame, axle, case, barends, spools for stands) etc. It's slated to be done by the end of the week at which time I will chime back in. In any regards, it's just more options for us. :hellobye

#26 · (Edited)
Here are the results for another option on sliders, spools available too. My hats off to T-Rex Racing (Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks). They did an excellent job in design and the quality is nothing but the best as usual. I have been buying from them since 2006 and they never disappoint in product and the customer service in epic. They were excellent to work with and valued my opinion/wants regarding our bikes to have a spool option and the design in a slider as compared to whats currently on the market. :thumbsup

The beauty of these sliders is double mounting points which spreads the impact out over two mounts rather than stressing everything on one mount. The puck is super thick and a nice touch with the logo design. The pucks have generous girth to them, so they double well as highway pegs for stretching your legs out on longer rides. They added in the cut out on the puck to give it some flair to match the bikes upper cowlings. While I just got the bike back, I would anticipate these for sale soon. :hellobye

Spools

Sliders

#29 ·
Thanks!

Holy crap those sliders look beefy!

I cant find the sliders for the F on their webpage.. what gives?
They literally just finished making the sliders/spools last week. In addition, they took dimensions for the possibility of making other items as well. Im sure once they get a chance to put them up for order they will be available. Give them a bit of time.

Good news is they have asked for my CB1000R so they can do some updated designs for that model too. I guess I'm spoiled since their company is 20mins away. :thumbsup

#28 · (Edited)
Holy crap those sliders look beefy!

I cant find the sliders for the F on their webpage.. what gives?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.