Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has been uncovered for a long time, and the sun combined with poor maintenance has led to some less than desirable looking parts. Trying to get it back in tip top shape again, and hoping for advice. The tank is super yellowed except where the stickers have peeled. Can add photos of this later if needed. And my fairings have this really stubborn grime. I tried clay bar, maguire's plastix, and 303 protectant. Not at the same time, lol. And it helped but they still look like this. Is there any hope?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm guessing what you've tried are more for sealing than cleaning. Many reputable brands, including Maguire's, Turtlewax, etc., will have a liquid or paste type "cleaner/protector" available. Start in an area that's not so obvious, to test the results. And don't go crazy harsh until you see how it works. After you have the results you want with the cleaner/protector product, you can always use the sprays you've already tried to keep the bike nice and shiny, with much less effort than a liquid or paste wax. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing what you've tried are more for sealing than cleaning. Many reputable brands, including Maguire's, Turtlewax, etc., will have a liquid or paste type "cleaner/protector" available. Start in an area that's not so obvious, to test the results. And don't go crazy harsh until you see how it works. After you have the results you want with the cleaner/protector product, you can always use the sprays you've already tried to keep the bike nice and shiny, with much less effort than a liquid or paste wax. Good Luck.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to do some more research. Any recommendations are appreciated though if anything comes to mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts