Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2014 Honda CB500F I put a lot of miles on it daily while not trying to put miles on the truck. I live on Maui and the roads are very difficult on tires I bought some new Diablo 160/60/17, 5 months ago and after multiple screws and plugs they're beat to ****. I'm looking at getting a thicker and wider rear wheel does anyone know if this bike can handle something wider? I was looking at the Continental TKC 70 for a rear tire as I live in the jungle and the roads are unpredictable with rocks and debris. Looking to make a purchase soon assuming I can find someone to ship out here any help or suggestions greatly appreciated! Mahalo

·
Registered
119 Posts
Done the trip to Pilani Hwy south? Mostly hanging around in Paia myself if I ever get a chance to get back there soon. I think the manual should tell you the sizes of the tires and you could get adventure-bike style tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I live in Haiku, so I typically will ride out to Hana and wrap around and finish the ride on that road. Insanely fun! if the roads aren't too washed out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: After some consideration to what a larger tire would do to my turns I decided to stay with the same size. I went back to the Michelin Road 5 series, I wasn't a fan of the Pirelli Diablo they never felt like they broke in and never had the comfort and response I had in Michelin. Maybe due to the constant debris in the road or the way I ride. Stay safe out there!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Knowing the nasty road over the lava fields and south in Maui I doubt many bike tires could handle it long-term. Michelin Road 5 are excellent for wet roads which I assume -- especially in Haiku just now -- is important. Stay safe.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am ready for a new rear pr5, they are expensive and I have looked at reviews, and comparisons. I don't think for a all round tyre you could better them. They are not out and out grip like track day stuff, but do shine on the road and damp and wet is majorly confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
678 Posts
For me, I will be purchasing a Michelin of the closest size available. Best tires I have ever owned. Michelin Pilot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2014 Honda CB500F I put a lot of miles on it daily while not trying to put miles on the truck. I live on Maui and the roads are very difficult on tires I bought some new Diablo 160/60/17, 5 months ago and after multiple screws and plugs they're beat to ****. I'm looking at getting a thicker and wider rear wheel does anyone know if this bike can handle something wider? I was looking at the Continental TKC 70 for a rear tire as I live in the jungle and the roads are unpredictable with rocks and debris. Looking to make a purchase soon assuming I can find someone to ship out here any help or suggestions greatly appreciated! Mahalo
I had Battlax adventure A41 sized 170 on my2013 CB500F.Not sure if you can fit size 180 on the rear .Lasted for one year on daily commute ~ 19K km total

1 - 9 of 9 Posts