Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Big Wing in Chiang Mai today and told that financing for foreigners (farangs) is not available, however a few days before the sales guy provided me with the finance terms, and it seems some have been financed. Anyone in the Thailand area know if financing is, or is not, available? Although I can pull out the money from my US account, I prefer not to right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
In Udon, the financing was done through either Kasikorn or SCB. I got finance in the wife's name via Kasikorn and they tried to get us to sign up for 3 years rather than the 18 months we requested as they wanted to make more money out of us. Anyway, the wife gave them a few home truths and they backed down.

So, what I'm saying is that in my experience, it's up to the bank and Kbank are generally foreigner friendly (we do have a number of accounts with them so that helps).

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
If you have a work permit and proof of your salary through bank statements, you can finance with one guarantor of course you can get a finance. If you are not working in Thailand, forget it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
agreed with the last two posts. I got mine through kasikorn. Friend of a friend signed for me. I never found out how many months, but was assured I could pay it off the first month with no penalties if I want... I dont believe it though :)
If youre farang in the land of sabai err of smiles... you know its a PITA to get a bank card in your own name and I think impossible to get phone plan or **** near anything else unless you have a work permit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts