Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what my best options are for modifying my 2013 , I like the r77 yoshimura but can’t find a way to get it in Canada , also how does it compare to others based on your experiences? Aswell , would the dynojet powercommand V and Autotune kit be good options regarding this ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not to be nasty, but you realise you are going to be throwing upwards of a $1000 for less than 5 Hp gain? I would suggest using the money for some track days or better tires, you will be much faster (and safer) with those than a couple more horsepower!! Just a suggestion..

Gary
Agree with Gary, you can find a motorcycle service who remap the bike at ECU without use of powecommander, rapidbike, etc, it´s cheaper and have the same result. I suggest a slip on exhaust to better sound and a little gain.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Definitely get an R77, but go for the slip-on. The engine note will be greatly improved, but as others have noted, even with a full exhaust, you're going to realize only minimal gains in power. This engine simply doesn't lend itself very well to attempts to increase its output.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Difference between being fast and being quick.
The cost involved to make these bikes fast will really hurt your wallet. You can however make the bike a heck of a lot quicker for comparably a lot less.

Search the forums for suspension upgrades.
The bikes are woefully suspended, keeping your tyres effectively stuck to the road will quicken your ride, and certainly in a timed A-B you will inherently be faster to boot too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah its on of those posts about "how to" where the overwhelming advice is "don't". If you really need a bigger bike, the answer is to buy a bigger bike. If you are a hobby mechanic trying to make the engine do more than it was designed to do, then you bought the wrong bike.

In the Europe, Honda had the option of making a 40wK bike and limiting it to 35kW to fit the A2 category. They didn't. They use that mill in 3 CBR bikes and a modified version in the Rebel. Its a homogeneous solution.

At the end of the day the CBR500R is not a track racer since it doesn't fit a race category. Its a reliable learner bike. Its best purpose is to make you better. If you must mod it then the Motojitsu You-tube channel would agree that suspension is the thing to change.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I recommend getting the Hindle Megaphone exhaust and Bazzaz ZFI TC then a custom tune. That is the best bolt on package you can buy. I have tested multiple setups on my race bikes and this setup is the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts