Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I purchased this Badass Airpad Seat cushion just before my 1500 mile trip and the good thing with this seat was that I didn't notice it, nor the seat, during the trip. The trick is not to inflate the air cells too much, just a little. I could easily drive far too long without noticing that my butt was sore. Good or bad.

As a bonus the height increased a little bit so it felt driving a little bit higher than with the stock size -- not much but a bit. Noticed it also when I set down the feet on the ground when stopping.

Most of these air seats are about the same, this was one of the cheaper versions, but as noticed they wear down from the boots -- I'm no longer an active yoga performer and any luggage set on the pillow seat will make it harder so jump on the bike. So the concept is if this seat is trashed a year from now, that's fine, I get a new cheap one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have a similar shaped air cushion, though I guess it is slightly larger as it is a bit too big for my seat. It worked, but I have recently bought a smaller oblong shaped one that better matches Honda's sportier style seat so should fit better, though have not tried it yet. But I back everything you have said.

The most important thing is getting the inflation right. Too much air and it will be as hard as just sitting on the seat without a cushion. Too little air it and the pressure of your body can pushes it all away from you that you are as good as just sitting on the seat.

So it may take a little trial and error to get the level of inflation just right for your individual need, but it makes a big difference. I have ben able to ride 400 miles pain-free with the cushion, when I can barely manage 100 miles without.

My only problem is that if you remove the cushion, the elastic strap pulls the clips under the seat, so I have had to tie some elastic between them over the seat too to keep the clips in place for reattaching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts