Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
It seems I was wrong about Eurosport taking over the Grands Prix next year, it will be from 2022.

Eurosport Events signed a ten year agreement with the F.I.M. to promote Championship speedway (i.e. the Grand Prix series and the World Cup or Speedway of Nations). They beat incumbents B.S.I. (part of I.M.G.) last autumn.

That is the only speedway left on B.T. Sport, though, as also last autumn Eurosport signed a five-year contract with the B.S.P.A. So they would have shown the the now named S.G.B. Premiership, and British Championship etc., this season had there been one.

Guess it means another season using a V.P.N. for me, as speedway is be the only sport I would watch on B.T. Well, other than overseas Ashes cricket, but being overnight I only ever used to watch the opening session live and the rest on highlights, so it is not difficult settling for T.M.S. coverage.

I do pay for Premier Sports and they have five Polish league meetings (plus one on Freesports) and a Swedish one over the coming week, and hopefully they will also add the rearranged Polish matches on Wednesday as they seem to have nothing clashing. So they do feel like value for money.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I normally back Iversen and Lindgren, but they do not feel like genuine contenders at the moment.
Kom igen Fredie! I was right about Niels Kristian, though, so I call my predication a tie.

(Even in Sweden they call him Fast Freddie in English, so no cheering and chanting of Fart Freddie)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Kom igen Fredie! I was right about Niels Kristian, though, so I call my predication a tie.

(Even in Sweden they call him Fast Freddie in English, so no cheering and chanting of Fart Freddie)
Niels is a lovely bloke but not quite championship material. Not a fan of F Fred. He could win it , every dog has its day .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a 'pleasure rider', as I drive a company vehicle during the week - driving to various work sites. So there's no commute to do on the bike. I'll generally ride anywhere from an hour, up to 3 or 4 hours. That's about the maximum my wife is willing to follow me around, on her CMX500. I'm considering getting her a custom seat & some cushy grips to make her more comfortable on longer rides.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts