Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed several people looking at the front of my bike kinda weird. Even had a few people tell me I have a headlight out. After someone told me, I understood the weird looks at the bike. I will admit it does look a little strange with only one side on.

Oh as an aside, I was sitting next to my bike having a coke zero before heading home from the market. Some guy walks up to his bike and is putting on gloves and helmet and hes eyeballing my bike. As other members here from Bangkok can attest, 110cc is normal here, a 250 cbr is big... The guy notices the "500" and his got big and he opened his mouth. I **** near spit my coke out of my nose trying not to laugh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
woo boy... that's some tight censorship.... didn't know if you ad an N to dam, it gets cut out...ha ha ha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
here in oz nsw on your learner/provisional licence u have to display a L or P plate on your registration plate, i think people think im riding a supersport on a retricted licence, had a few people point as i rode past when they noticed my L plate lol.
thats the only wierd looks i've got.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
ddp, they stare at my bike a lot as well while drooling at the same time in bangkog as well.:D
I noticed some guys nearly making accidents while staring on it.

And some point out the headlights like they think that it is broken as only one side is working:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Ive noticed several people looking at the front of my bike kinda weird. Even had a few people tell me I have a headlight out. After someone told me, I understood the weird looks at the bike. I will admit it does look a little strange with only one side on.

Oh as an aside, I was sitting next to my bike having a coke zero before heading home from the market. Some guy walks up to his bike and is putting on gloves and helmet and hes eyeballing my bike. As other members here from Bangkok can attest, 110cc is normal here, a 250 cbr is big... The guy notices the "500" and his got big and he opened his mouth. I **** near spit my coke out of my nose trying not to laugh.
LOL. Most likely people are trying to figure out what bike your riding. Since you also say that 110cc bikes are the norm there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
272 Posts
Could just be because it is bangkok and 500cc bikes are not common.

Nothing wrong with weird looks. They are just surprised at how awesome you look :D aha..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Ive noticed several people looking at the front of my bike kinda weird. Even had a few people tell me I have a headlight out. After someone told me, I understood the weird looks at the bike. I will admit it does look a little strange with only one side on.

Oh as an aside, I was sitting next to my bike having a coke zero before heading home from the market. Some guy walks up to his bike and is putting on gloves and helmet and hes eyeballing my bike. As other members here from Bangkok can attest, 110cc is normal here, a 250 cbr is big... The guy notices the "500" and his got big and he opened his mouth. I **** near spit my coke out of my nose trying not to laugh.
With that being said since most common bike are known to be 125cc and slightly bigger is 250cc. So how do you find riding around town with others in the CBR500?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With that being said since most common bike are known to be 125cc and slightly bigger is 250cc. So how do you find riding around town with others in the CBR500?
Actually where I am riding right now it works out to a push. Off the line with an open road I'm gone! But they spank me as soon as we hit the next batch of traffic. They fly around the parked cars and I just can't do that.

I'm in Malaysia for a few days now. Went to a big bike shop loaded with Honda, Yamaha, suzuki,Ducati, and some local brand... Razor(?) no 500s in Malaysia but a lot of 600 and 1000 cbr. Hmm definitely see the differences between the 500 and 600. I asked the price for the 600, he said $26K!!!!! Good lord that's some import fees!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
People here in Florida been pretty easy going on us when my wife and I were riding our 250s.. 90% of folks waved at us.. The remainder 10% probably thought we were on scooters (the single bigger headlight can make the bike look scooter-like) or didn't care to be friendly.

I expect the waves and nods to be of a higher rate from the other sportbike people.. The cruiser/Harley crowd have always been hit or miss.. I wave excitedly to anybody, even scooters, riding is fun, no matter what you're on!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top