Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my first post here, hope everyone's doing great :)

I had a crash yesterday, low-sided, nothing major.
I found this part(s) within few meters of my bike :)crying:) and I cannot identify what it is, can't find any clues even on the bike itself (like, where it came from) and I'm unable to locate it on any of the parts diagrams either.
Anyone can help me with this?
P.S. Nothing, and I mean, absolutely nothing looks like this on my CB500F (meaning dust and rust), which is leading me to believe this part has nothing to do with my bike (I WISH), but still, better to ask more knowledgeable people. Bike year is 2013
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
that is a part that usually goes on the mirror mount when a mirror is mounted to a plastic panel!! If your bike has the mirrors mounted on the handlebar then I doubt it came from your bike, if you have a fairing at the front of the motorbike and your mirrors mount to it, try looking at the area where the mirrors meet the fairing (on the good side of the bike) and you should see the rubber seal and the metal bracket usually goes on the inside of the fairing. Hope that helps.

Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gary, really appreciate your response. My bike has mirrors mounted on handlebars like most CB500Fs have, so I doubt it's mine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
They both to me look like the "washers" that are commonly used on the bolts & nuts that hold on the rear sprocket to the rear hub. The tabs are bent up over the sides of the nut to help lock them from backing out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
They both to me look like the "washers" that are commonly used on the bolts & nuts that hold on the rear sprocket to the rear hub. The tabs are bent up over the sides of the nut to help lock them from backing out.

If they where those parts, they would both be made of metal not rubber, one part in the picture is steel, the other part is rubber, it definitely isn't a locking washer from the rear sprocket..

Gary

·
Registered
600 Posts
If they where those parts, they would both be made of metal not rubber, one part in the picture is steel, the other part is rubber, it definitely isn't a locking washer from the rear sprocket..

Gary
I hadn't seen that they were rubber!! Maybe they are rear sprocket bumpers? HaHa :grin:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Front fender mounting bracket. From something other than your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still unable to find that part I mentioned on rear wheel and rear sprocket diagrams. I've been riding my bike after the accident with no issues, so, I dont think there's anything else I can do.
Thank you, everyone, for your help. I truly appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts