Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like there is either a latent interest, or no interest in responding to my posts. It took several months for anyone to respond to my last post and then when I responded back, my post just sits there as if it is dead in the water. I will make this one last attempt with this forum and then call it quits. I got better things to do than waste my time, if no one is interested.

GB Racing Engine Covers: I prefer the engine covers over frame sliders

RAM cell phone-GPS mount: Works very nicely...Note Sena Remote Control on left handle bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
It seems like there is either a latent interest, or no interest in responding to my posts. It took several months for anyone to respond to my last post and then when I responded back, my post just sits there as if it is dead in the water. I will make this one last attempt with this forum and then call it quits. I got better things to do than waste my time, if no one is interested.

RAM cell phone-GPS mount: Works very nicely...Note Sena Remote Control on left handle bar.

I have the RAM Mount on my bike too, and now I don't know how I went so long without it.

What's that affixed to your tank just ahead of the gas cap?

EDIT: I think I've found the reason for the lack of traffic on your posts: you're behind on your dues. To be made current, please send your cashier's check or money order for $150 US to:

Hungus World Industries
Attn: Central Billing
10 Hungus Plaza
Tower 2, 80th Floor, Suite 38
New York, NY 10005​

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sometimes there's just no or little interest on some subjects, it's has nothing do do with you. We love you man!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the RAM Mount on my bike too, and now I don't know how I went so long without it.

What's that affixed to your tank just ahead of the gas cap?
Wow!!....Thanks for your reply. I do appreciate it. I just got the RAM mount and am still trying it out. Seems like it is going to work fine, but I wonder about vibration. When I reach down and touch the phone while riding, it feels like it is vibrating (feels like when phone is set on "vibrate"). Don't want to ruin the phone.

I believe you are talking about the GoPro mount. I have one there to hold the GoPro camera remote. Having it located there, it's easy to reach and I can see on the remote screen what's going on with the camera. I mostly use a chin mount for the camera. Have a good one!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes there's just no or little interest on some subjects, it's has nothing do do with you. We love you man!!!!
I appreciate your comment and response, but take a look at my post "99.99999% done". There was an initial response and then it took a number of months before anyone else commented and then it seemed like everyone was commenting. When I replied, not one response in the next ten days. Kind of makes you wonder.........Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to resond. We'll see how it goes. Have a good one!

Reactions: Jamco

·
Registered
554 Posts
Also you will get more views & 0 Replies. It's happened to many of US. Don't give up , you'll come up with a subject that many will be interested in. There are a lot of good & knowledgeable folks on this Forum. This is my Favorite Forum I've ever been a member of.

·
Registered
823 Posts
ditto...

peoples respond to the subject of their interests.
I normally respond to technical subjects related to performance, maintenance and services.
I don't have any interest in cosmetic accessories with no performance value.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love to see how everyone's upgraded their bikes to their own individual tastes. I'm also partial to red CBR500's...lol. I have a video of my upgrades on Youtube... can you make a video of your mods as well? I'm interested and I won't take months to reply :p

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxdQaIHXcaQ&t=50s
Very nice video. Love that red.:smile: I see you are from Germany. It is supposed to rain here in Kansas (USA) tomorrow. I will try to make a video of what I've done to my bike when we get a nice day. What year is your bike? Looks like one of the newer ones. Mine is a 2014 that I bought new as a left over last fall. Only have about 800 miles on it. I have other bikes, as well, but I really like the CBR500R for around town and out on twisty country roads. Thanks very much for the reply and have a good one.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I only post if there's an opportunity to be a smart ass.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Red, on the third photo in your first post, there's an oval shaped something on the bodywork; just to the left of the Honda logo. What is that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am looking to mount my iPhone on my bike, looked at the stem mount but it seemed a little daunting what with cutting and sizing. Anybody used the little one that mounts on the mirror seem? I think it ca also go under the handle bar clamp.

Ram Mount Motorcycle Base with 9mm Hole and 1-Inch Ball

Also, how well can you see the screen? I am very directionally challenged and need the GPS, my wife thinks this mount is useless because you'd never be able to see the screen. I'm in Florida, so lots of sunshine

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Red, on the third photo in your first post, there's an oval shaped something on the bodywork; just to the left of the Honda logo. What is that?
I am looking to mount my iPhone on my bike, looked at the stem mount but it seemed a little daunting what with cutting and sizing. Anybody used the little one that mounts on the mirror seem? I think it ca also go under the handle bar clamp.

Ram Mount Motorcycle Base with 9mm Hole and 1-Inch Ball

Also, how well can you see the screen? I am very directionally challenged and need the GPS, my wife thinks this mount is useless because you'd never be able to see the screen. I'm in Florida, so lots of sunshine
Wavefront,

Thanks very much for your reply. The small black oval piece you are referring to is a piece of Velcro. It is used to mount another style of remote for the Sena headset. I finally have the remote that mounts on the left hand grip about figured out, there are a lot of button sequences to learn with either remote. I thought the smaller one might be easier to use. The jury is still out on which I like better.

Jacqueline Jaussaud,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the stem mount. Really, it is not a big deal to install. The only thing I noticed was that the diameter of the steering stem hole on the CBR500R is large compared to the rubber piece you have to cut off. In other words, it almost fits all the way down in the hole, but tightened up, it seems to hold fine. Also, I found that the one inch length they recommend cutting it off at, makes it so the supplied bolt is just a bit too short to get the nut engaged with the threads on the bolt. I ended up cutting mine off at about 7/8th of an inch long so the nut could reach and thread onto the bolt. Also, if you get the RAM stem mount as a complete kit, make sure the one you are ordering has the one inch ball and the right size X mount for your phone. Some of the ones that are pre-assembled kits use a "snap ball" which is a smaller ball and will not fit the one inch ball hardware; so if you want to use it with other RAM products with the one inch ball, you can't. You have to get the snap ball hardware. For this reason, I bought the mount as separate pieces to get the one inch ball mount.

You are quite right, anyway I have the same problem with seeing the phone/GPS. My phone is a an HTC one and I can't see it very well when the sun is shinning on it. I'll be trying things out and hope I can at least see who's calling on the phone. I suppose if you use a headset tied to the phone or GPS, it will give audible voice directions. I am a little disappointed in not being able to see it well. If I were going to use it as a GPS, I would get a stand alone GPS with a larger screen and maybe use a Givi holder instead of the RAM. The phone with Google maps does have the audible voice directions, but I haven't tried it out yet. At lease the RAM mount provides a nice way the carry your phone on the bike.

You all have a good one!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I only post if there's an opportunity to be a smart ass.
The host has ****** up my ability to like posts, but this was worth taking the time to type a response to. I like it and concur. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love to see how everyone's upgraded their bikes to their own individual tastes. I'm also partial to red CBR500's...lol. I have a video of my upgrades on Youtube... can you make a video of your mods as well? I'm interested and I won't take months to reply :p

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxdQaIHXcaQ&t=50s
Great video! Thanks for sharing. I like the exhaust.
Happy riding!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very nice video. Love that red. I see you are from Germany. It is supposed to rain here in Kansas (USA) tomorrow. I will try to make a video of what I've done to my bike when we get a nice day. What year is your bike? Looks like one of the newer ones. Mine is a 2014 that I bought new as a left over last fall. Only have about 800 miles on it. I have other bikes, as well, but I really like the CBR500R for around town and out on twisty country roads. Thanks very much for the reply and have a good one.
I'm actually from the great State of North Carolina, but I've been living in Germany officially since 2009. Mine is a 2016.. On April 6th, 2017 I had 7km (4 miles) on it.. a month later and I have almost 1400km (870 miles). I've been to Kansas before, but it's not as nice as North Carolina

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm actually from the great State of North Carolina, but I've been living in Germany officially since 2009. Mine is a 2016.. On April 6th, 2017 I had 7km (4 miles) on it.. a month later and I have almost 1400km (870 miles). I've been to Kansas before, but it's not as nice as North Carolina

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
North Carolina....North Carolina....Guess that makes you a Tar Heel. I am a dyed in the wool Jayhawk. Well, at least you ride a Honda....:honda

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EDIT: I think I've found the reason for the lack of traffic on your posts: you're behind on your dues. To be made current, please send your cashier's check or money order for $150 US to:

Hungus World Industries
Attn: Central Billing
10 Hungus Plaza
Tower 2, 80th Floor, Suite 38
New York, NY 10005​
[/QUOTE]

Nice Try.......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Helpful video.

Keep up the good work.