Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic came up with a clever way to mount an official Honda center stand on my CB500F despite having a custom exhaust.

Rather than putting something on the bike to stop the center stand, he put a bracket on the center stand itself. It required drilling a single hole to the exhaust side as there's already a hole on the other side for the screw that keeps the pin in place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice, can you post some more pics to illustrate what you have done to stop the stand? My brother has the same issue with his NC750 and has actually put the stock muffler back on so the centre stand has something to stop against when in the up (not used) position..

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, can you post some more pics to illustrate what you have done to stop the stand? My brother has the same issue with his NC750 and has actually put the stock muffler back on so the centre stand has something to stop against when in the up (not used) position..

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
It's surprisingly difficult to get a photo of it with the stand up. Everything gets in the way. This was the best I could manage.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It looks like that piece that was added is resting against the shock linkage, which moves with the suspension. That's going to change the action of the shock as now it has to move the centerstand slightly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like that piece that was added is resting against the shock linkage, which moves with the suspension. That's going to change the action of the shock as now it has to move the centerstand slightly.
It's contacting the frame just ahead of the linkage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: The center stand is sitting too high, so when the chain is getting towards the loose end of spec it is hitting the foot, and there's a tiny bit of damage to the frame at the contact point. I've wrapped a piece of polyurethane tubing and then a piece of garden hose over that, with a hose clap in the middle to keep them in place. That's brought the stand down to where it should be, and also added material to absorb the impact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts