Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Austin from Richland Hills TX. I was tired of commuting on a GSXR600 so i picked up a bone stock 2017 CBR500R with 1050 miles on it a few days ago. I currently have it as well as a shadow 1100 I bobbed out a year ago. Looking forward to pouring through the forums for ideas for my new bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the club, I offer this to any new members, I live just north of Dallas (Princeton), I have a well equipped workshop and am happy to help anyone with mechanical or electrical issues, anything from simple oil changes to full engine rebuilds. I can do the work, or I can show you how to do it, so you learn and improve..

Welcome to the club, you have chosen a great motorcycle.

Gary

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your 500! Ride safe.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome to the club, I offer this to any new members, I live just north of Dallas (Princeton), I have a well equipped workshop and am happy to help anyone with mechanical or electrical issues, anything from simple oil changes to full engine rebuilds. I can do the work, or I can show you how to do it, so you learn and improve..

Welcome to the club, you have chosen a great motorcycle.

Gary
Wow, I figured from your posts that you know your way around engines. What a generous offer. Wish you were in my neck of the woods I’d take you up on it occasionally. I do all the basic maintenance & bolt on stuff, but it would be sweet to have a experienced moto mechanic guide me through more complex procedures. I am a expert woodworker & have taught many people some tricks of the trade. Nice to pass it on. Good on you.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Looks 70% black with orange detailing to me. Looks fine, but if it were me I'd want my bike to be more noticeable in traffic... You rarely can see the details of a motorcycle's paint job in traffic anyway. You're lucky to be seen at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great choice of bikes! I picked one up a month ago and they are absolutely excellent commuter/free-ride bikes, with enough power to just barely get you above legal, but little enough to keep you in that zone ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts