Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thanks for posting those. I don't think I've visited that BikeSocial site before. Seems better than if Progressive tried to do something like that! Impressed to see articles by established journalists there.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
If ever a bike has been launched with perfect timing, it’s the CB500F. This parallel twin produces 47bhp, bang on the new A2 licence limit. And it’s one of Honda’s first biggish bikes to be built in Thailand, which allows them to keep the price down to £4650. Getting a half-litre Honda and a chunk of change from five grand sounds like a decent deal at any time, let alone in cash-conscious 2013. Especially when it’s as good a bike as this one. There’s nothing fancy about the CB500F (which shares most parts with the faired CBR500R and adventure styled CB500X). It’s a simple naked bike with a 471cc parallel twin engine and a tubular steel frame. It’s intended as a step up for inexperienced riders, a painless step down from bigger bikes, and a competitively priced commuter to tempt motorists out of their cars.
The CB-F might be inexpensive but it hides that very well. There’s more than a hint of CB1000R about its look. Fit and finish (in white, black or red) is good; the instrument panel includes a fuel gauge and consumption reading alongside the digital speedo and analogue tacho. It’s slim, reasonably light at 192kg, and has a low seat that should make it manageable for just about anyone.
I think the naked 500F is a nice looking bike. I wouldn't buy one but I'm surprised how much I like the naked model. I guess naked is just better ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
It really depends on your taste for looks some might like the CBR500r but I just like the simplicity and the lines more of the CBR500F. But when i look at the CBr500F it just resembles a hornet so much.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
It really depends on your taste for looks some might like the CBR500r but I just like the simplicity and the lines more of the CBR500F. But when i look at the CBr500F it just resembles a hornet so much.

Yes, the 599 Hornet. And that's bad because?

Can you guess that I like naked bikes? ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, the 599 Hornet. And that's bad because?

Can you guess that I like naked bikes? ;)
Very [email protected] If i didn't see that picture of the hornet i would not have thought of that either. Yes the Honda 599 Hornet it was a great bike from what i remember. I like the lookd of nake bikes too hut how does this compare with others. And i mean how does the Cbr600f to the other cbr500s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts