Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership jus't called and said my cb500f would be another 4 to 6 weeks! I put a deposit down almost a month ago and they said I'd get it the next week. They also said they have a few of the R models in stock but I had my heart set on a naked/standard. This is bullshit...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I heard the same thing from 15-20 dealers. One that said 26may called me a week later saying it would be in next week. I think there are still some communication issues with Honda. I am picking mine up tomorrow, hope you gets yours soon too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
my dealer said they are getting more in next week. Mine was just a error or something. They only had it on the floor for three hours when I got there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Worth the wait though guys.. the waiting game is a killer but it really is worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worth the wait though guys.. the waiting game is a killer but it really is worth it.
I don't know man the riding season is short in canada. I really wanted this bike but honda is making it a real pain in the arse considering i already waited a month. Is it really worth wasting over two months that could have been spent riding?

I know this is blasphemous on this site but suzuki is prepared to give me a great deal on a new gladius with abs... willpower is fading....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'd probably jump on the SV if I had the extra beans. I haven't kept up with the newer models, but if they haven't screwed it up compared to the older SV, that should be an awesome bike, far more capable than the Honda 500.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's certainly more powerful but i don't even care about that. it's supposedly beginner friendly and, more importantly, AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

·
Registered
157 Posts
Think of it this way ... when you are riding the bike are you even going to remember having to wait an extra week ... week(s) ?? I doubt it ... this bike is worth it .. trust me .. I love mine!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yea the bike is worth it! I test drove a sv650 and I just wasn't as comfortable with it. The cbr is definitely more forgiving.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
To get the exact bike I want, I will wait. Riding season just ENDED where I live.
So I can afford to wait a long time if I have to. I'm in no hurry. I know once it arrives, it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Gutting to know dealers are getting their lead times so wrong. I'm sure they will blame Honda but it's daft if they are loosing customers. 'Truth is the best policy' that some just don't get!.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer has only been allocated one F so far and I'm in line to receive the second. As far as I know all of the dealers in my province have only received one each so far. The 4 to 6 weeks wait means that honda needs to ship more from Thailand and then they need to come over via train from Vancouver. My bike was originally scheduled to arrive the first week of April so when they say 4 to 6 more weeks who knows how long it will actually be.

·
Registered
582 Posts
it's certainly more powerful but i don't even care about that. it's supposedly beginner friendly and, more importantly, AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW
Err, it's a Suzuki. It'll be in bits after a couple of years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts