Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! Just picked up a 2019 cbr500r used (200km) from the dealer. Unfortunately the 1 year Manufacturer warranty is void since the clock starts immediately after leaving the lot. I am able to purchase Honda plus pre-owned warranty, 12 months for $500 CAD. Do you guys think it’s worth it? I never purchase extended warranties, but I’m a bit worried that 200km may not have been enough to identify any manufacturer defects. Have you heard of many warranty claims in the first year? Or are these bikes pretty robust off the line? Thanks so much! Really looking forward to joining/reading this forum!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Defects should be covered without any warranty needed. I would not expect any warranty work.

Stay Safe

·
Registered
24 Posts
That sounds like a bad deal. It's a Honda. I would pay that for a 4 year warranty.

Reactions: 77bhand77

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '19 cbr500r abs that I bought new about two months ago - I purchased the extended warranty (5 year unlimited mileage) for 600usd. At the current exchange rate that's just under 160cad/year. Btw, I'm at just under 4,000mi/6,400km on the bike now (it's my only vehicle) and it's been flawless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts