Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I recently checked out my local Honda dealer and one of the salesmen said that the $6,000 dollar CBR500R would add up to be about $7,400 after all the fees/registrations/license.

Is there anyway to get around this? i.e. bargaining, registering for the bike elsewhere, etc.?

The 6K price tag looked very appealing to a new owner, but the added $1400 not so much.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
458 Posts
Uk gives an out the door price so it's pretty standard and non negotiable for us. I've seen threads on here with people getting different prices in the US and Australia though, seems a bit of haggling is worth a try if you live in one of those countries

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know when I first went to get a OTD quote here in florida, I was quoted 7400 for red ABS 500r, so 6499 MSRP. But I can definitely get that lower. Probably around 7k OTD. The only thing I thing that goes with the purchase in my mind is your state tax and dealer fee's.. Right now you wont get the best price because they are so new and the demand is really high for it. Give it a bit of time and then you can start getting really nice prices.

I believe im going to try for the 500f and should beable to get it for around 6k. So with my 250r trade in of around 3 to 3.5k, I should leave out of there with about 2k left which will be nice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts