Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok quick question, as im thinking of about changing my bike next year my mate reckons I should just take off my akrapovic as he doubts the dealer will really me anything extra for it.

That got me thinking would this fit on any of the other 500 models, or is it specific to the F that I have?

I suspose the next question would be what would I expect to get for this second hand?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would have thought it would fit the R model, don't know about the X. I would remove it and sell it. Genuine Akra will fetch good money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would have thought it would fit the R model, don't know about the X. I would remove it and sell it. Genuine Akra will fetch good money.
I agree.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for your post, got me thinking whether I should remove my coffman's and expensive levers and rearsets etc etc when or if I say goodbye to my '16 cbr...I reckon dealers' wouldn't be paying much extra for what any mods cost when considering trade-ins, but private buyers might?... do fancy pants slipons and sparkling bling add-ons scream "Hoon!" to prospective buyers who then assume the bike has been flogged?
I do know I would have jumped at any aftermarket exhausts if any were available at the time I ditched the stock...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts