Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm torn between getting bar end mirrors or some better looking standard ones for my CB500F when I pick it up on the weekend. I currently have bar ends on my CBR250R and they work great, but they are quite small and can't be used when tucked. What I really want is a set of standard mirrors that I won't have to move my elbows out of the way to use.
I'm attracted to these, but they aren't much longer than the stock ones.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
Suggestions anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
it depends on where you ride.
i ride in a big city so i need short mirrors for easy lane cutting:)
Still, the stock mirrors on cb500f looms really low quality like from a cheap bicycle so they must go.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Got to agree, those mirrors will be pretty much top of the list of changes. Not the best looking at all!

·
Registered
20 Posts
For bar end mirrors they serve more function than overall look. I wish there was wide angle convex mirrors where we can just stick on to the existing mirrors.

I'm thinking of getting oem cbr1000 mirrors with the signal indicators and change the turn signals to flush mounts.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
For bar end mirrors they serve more function than overall look. I wish there was wide angle convex mirrors where we can just stick on to the existing mirrors.

I'm thinking of getting oem cbr1000 mirrors with the signal indicators and change the turn signals to flush mounts.

I like that idea, it does help clean up the look of the CBR500R. Usually when you get the flush mounts it takes away visibility of your turn signal from the front, so having the indicators on the mirrors fixes that issue. And picturing how it would look in the rear view mirrors of drivers the cars in front of you would have better visibility of your signals.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
i really do not like mirrors with signals, a bike looks like a car this way.
and flush mounts are dangerous IMO.
i have seen many mirrors in Thailand that can fit cbr500 and i will try my aftermarket mirrors on my cbr250 today and lets see if they fit or can see behind.

·
Registered
279 Posts

I was thinking the same thing... I would prefer without the indicator lights but I love the idea of the detents. when cutting traffic, swing them back. When past traffic swing them forward and dont need to readjust every time.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking the same thing... I would prefer without the indicator lights but I love the idea of the detents. when cutting traffic, swing them back. When past traffic swing them forward and dont need to readjust every time.
You could paint over them

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I'm also looking around and seeing what I like. Still waiting to see more photos of others with aftermarket mirrors. The convex mirrors is a good idea too. Some aftermarket mirrors come with them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow, was riding by the dealer so I stopped in to check price on a pair of cbr1000 mirrors. First the bolt holes are not the same but I guess you can get an adapter. But the price is about $800!!!! Guess I'll deal with readjusting my mirrors and the big indicators on the side

·
Registered
5 Posts

This is what I wanted to do...but I wasnt sure about compatibility and all that... the dealer didnt know bc the cbr500 is so new!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Funny thing. It's a tight squeeze in our garage, so I have been bumping into my left-side mirror a lot lately. Went for a ride the other day, and I could see totally fine behind me in that mirror without moving my elbows or head. Next time I stopped, I adjusted the right side to the same configuration I had accidentally "adjusted" the left, and now I see great both sides.
If keeping the stock mirrors is preferable to you for financial or aesthetic reasons, adjust the stems so they're straight out, then tweak the mirror inward a little. That should be an ok starting point. Then adjust from there. I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it's worth a shot to anyone interested.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recently purchased 2005 Honda CBR 600 F4i mirrors and they arrived for 23 dollars shipped they look awesome.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I will post close up shots tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts