Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many years the R model had dual headlights, but I know the '13 through '15 years did. On these, the high beam is the right hand light and only comes on when high beam is selected. I like the idea of running both headlights, but I have not been doing it because the high beam is really irritating to drivers in front of you. (I tested this when following my wife who was in our car and she told me to turn off the high beam.....and this was in the daytime). I discovered that the high beam and low beam headlights are essentially the same except for how they are aimed, so I lowered the beam on the high beam side and now run both lights all the time. The adjustment is done with a phillips screwdriver from underneath the headlight cowl. (It's in the owner's manual).

I'm looking for daytime visibility. I don't ride at night because where I live there are too many critters out and there are no streetlights. Last night, though, I tested the lights at night and I seem to have plenty of coverage with both beams set at the same level.

As a side benefit people will stop telling me I have a burnt out headlight.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I will give the adjustment a try when I get the bike out in the spring.I knew the high and low beam bulbs were the same so thought the reflecter for the high beam must be different.If I had a dollar for every time someone said my light was burned out I would be rich.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I actually just did this today. The high beam on my 2013 doesn't want to go as low as the main driving light but it's low enough that no one should notice. I don't plan to use my high beam light during the day but it will be nice to be able to use it more at night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts