Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I join you from the sunny shores of the UK and like many i am having to patiently:)mad:) wait for the new bikes to become available.

I will be upgrading from a CBR250 as soon as i can and i will use it as a commuter bike more than anything else much like i do with the 250. I see the CBR500 as the best option available all rounder that will be available for my needs, she looks great and is as cheap as chips.

I have been looking at the accessories available and see honda are offering hard panniers and a top box but i have not been able to find any good images of them, does anyone on here having anything on them?? i am hoping they will not totally destroy the look of the bike like the top box for the 250 does.

Thanks

Mat

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Depends what route your gonna take to modify your bike. If you really want to go aftermarket theres not much support at the moment as rrkenz mentioned because the bike is still not released in north america. So not much aftermarket manufacturers have a base to work with. However there are genuine honda accessories available as rrkenz posted. There are very few exhaust systems available for the cbr500. Are you looking to do any perfotmance mods too?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm not too sure about any performance mods, when i come to sell it years down the line i think would prefer if it hasn't been played around with too much. Also how much extra performance can we get from an engine design to be eco friendly?? i might get a nice exhaust and a new set of levers / adjusters to add a little colour to it (getting the black version).

It was the same with the CBR250 it took well over a year in the UK to get any sort of mods for it, there is not many places that do it here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a feeling accessories will be delayed quite a bit. I'll have more hope in accessories becoming available once I head more allocations. So far I read that the CBR500 will become available in the next month to 6 weeks with one allocation at that dealer (location unknown)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have tried to look for some aftermarket accessories and cant find anything but generic mods for the three CBR500s. Like Grips, tanks pad, and generic vinyls stickers. Even when i searched for exhaust systems they didnt really have much. You cant go wrong with genuine honda accessories but a little on the expensive side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts