Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Do you know if an ABUS Granit Detecto XPlus 8077 fits this model bike?

If not, which disc locks do you use and recommend?

Cheers

·
Registered
225 Posts
As it works like a normal disc lock the only problem is the size of the pin. So you can check that for yourself by measuring the diameter of one of the holes in your disc.

According to the ABUS website that lock has a 13.5mm pin.

I have a Xena XX10, which I have no complaints about. The alarm is loud enough and, even though I position it hanging low (more sensitive), it does not sound randomly, which is the usual complaint about alarmed disc locks. I could not say whether it is better or worse than the ABUS one though.

That Xena model has a 10mm pin, but it does not completely fill the hole on my bike, a 2016 CB500F. So if your rotor is the same it could take a larger pin, though I have not measured it to know by how much.

Although before my underseat alarm started sounding at random, I switched to using a tiny disc lock with a 6mm pin as a deterrent. And the one time I know someone tried to steal my bike, they were unable to break it off. I would not recommend it on its own, but I definitely would recommend something like that as cheap extra security.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As it works like a normal disc lock the only problem is the size of the pin. So you can check that for yourself by measuring the diameter of one of the holes in your disc.

According to the ABUS website that lock has a 13.5mm pin.

I have a Xena XX10, which I have no complaints about. The alarm is loud enough and, even though I position it hanging low (more sensitive), it does not sound randomly, which is the usual complaint about alarmed disc locks. I could not say whether it is better or worse than the ABUS one though.

That Xena model has a 10mm pin, but it does not completely fill the hole on my bike, a 2016 CB500F. So if your rotor is the same it could take a larger pin, though I have not measured it to know by how much.

Although before my underseat alarm started sounding at random, I switched to using a tiny disc lock with a 6mm pin as a deterrent. And the one time I know someone tried to steal my bike, they were unable to break it off. I would not recommend it on its own, but I definitely would recommend something like that as cheap extra security.
The problem is, I can't measure it as I don't have the bike yet and would like to get the lock before picking the bike up.

Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
225 Posts
As I was working on my bike today, I measured my discs, and the holes in the rear one are 7mm, and in the front are a combination of 7mm and 8mm.

Checking the part numbers the discs are the same for the 2019 R as for the 2016 F. They are 45251MGZJ11 front and 43251MGZJ02 rear.

So that lock will definitely not fit your bike, at least not if used properly.

It had been so long since I last regularly used my alarmed lock that I forgot how I had to use it, which is with the pin sitting inside of the disc rather than through it. This is obviously much less secure as it gives anyone determined to steal the bike access to the pin to cut through it. Not that locks or sections of disc cannot be cut off, but this will make it much easier.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I use that lock on my 2015 R model on the front wheel without any issues, it won't fit on the rear, but that's where the steel-o-flex goes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts