Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Dam that guys going to need a new pair of boots with all that foot scraping he did!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good video! :D :cool: Finally got to hear what the x will sound like. :) It showed the unteathered gas cap that I'm not going to like .:confused:

Would have been great if not for the frog french! ;) :rolleyes: :( :mad: :p

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wanted to see more dirt.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I'd say that it's not even a dual sport, it just has half an inch more fork travel, same rear suspension as the CBR500R sport bike. Still it's my favorite of the three 500s.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes all you say is correct, but with the greater rake,bars which allow you to stand on the pegs,and with the Pirelli scorpions a dirt road is well in its capabilities. Certainly not a dual sport, but rather a light duty crosstourer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Excellent description! Can't wait to get mine!!! :D

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Yes all you say is correct, but with the greater rake,bars which allow you to stand on the pegs,and with the Pirelli scorpions a dirt road is well in its capabilities. Certainly not a dual sport, but rather a light duty crosstourer.
Greater rake makes it a better cruiser on highways. The bars are for a more relaxed seating position, very welcome, but I don't think they were intended to make you stand up. Pirelli Scorpions are street tires, if the X would have been intended to be more dirt-worthy Honda would have put on MT90s.
I don't want to make the X look bad at all, it's my favorite of the three 500s, but it seems to be a street bike with slightly softer front suspension which should make it a great tourer, but not as good on a dirt road as a V-Strom 650.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes greater rake provides more stability irrespective of surface, this video shows that standing on the pegs is certainly possible, depending on stature obviously, and the scorpions fitted are OEM on a number of 'adv' bikes. Sure they're bias is road orientated but changing them to something more aggressive really depends on where you ride.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
It may be possible to stand on the pegs but that doesn't make a street bike more dirt worthy.
Concerning the Scorpion Trails I stand corrected, they seem to be more dirt-oriented even though they don't look more off-road than the tires on the R model. Several sizes to choose from for 19" and 21" rims, I was surprised to see that. Wish they were available for the spoked rims of the CRF250M, but only TL there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
it is not an off road bike but it will be a great entry level adventure bike as long as u are aware of it limitations.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Great pic...

·
Registered
120 Posts
i knew it :)... i will love mine !!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd say that it's not even a dual sport, it just has half an inch more fork travel, same rear suspension as the CBR500R sport bike. Still it's my favorite of the three 500s.
I recently rode150 miles off road over a combination of typical gravel, smooth dirt and loose baby head sized gravel. The bike with stock suspension and stock tires at 41 psi did great. Just do it. Don't say it's not a dual sport if you have never tried it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts