Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an idea of a good set of 50/50 dual sport tires to put on the X? I think this thing would look great and perform much better with some decent small knobbies :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
There isn't much choice for the sizes in question on the 500X. I had a look before ordering mine as I intend to occasionally do some light off roading. I think I saw Avon Gripsters (a good tyre but don't think the look of them suits) and some Heidenaus that looked like super motard tyres. All the rest seem to be the usual road tyres with bigger grooves like the ones fitted from the factory.

I'm hoping they start doing more aggressive ones soon now that more adventure/soft roader bikes are using 17" fronts. Its the the front that makes it difficult, there are loads to fit the rear.

I'm sure there will be others I've missed, not seen the Shinkos before.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just had a look at the Shinko 705's. Look good and get decent reviews, just hope they are available in the UK. Cheers Konajesse!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shinko 244 (I think) get rave reviews from the ADV rider forums, It does not look like they have a front to fit though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the Shinko 705's are a no go size wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts