Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 500r back in May and I've been looking at slip on exhaust. I don't think any of the videos I've found do any of the exhaust justice. The ones I like so far are Coffman, scorpion serket tapper, and LeoVince. Leo doesn't have a big selection for year 2022. Does anyone have any experience with these exhaust? What's you're recommendation? Does exhaust from earlier years fit, like 2018-2021? I would like full exhaust, but I think I'll wait for my next bike to do that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got my 500r back in May and I've been looking at slip on exhaust. I don't think any of the videos I've found do any of the exhaust justice. The ones I like so far are Coffman, scorpion serket tapper, and LeoVince. Leo doesn't have a big selection for year 2022. Does anyone have any experience with these exhaust? What's you're recommendation? Does exhaust from earlier years fit, like 2018-2021? I would like full exhaust, but I think I'll wait for my next bike to do that.
Go, Coffman, USA quality made, 4 different sound options now add an IXIL full exhaust for the best sounding 500. Needs no tune!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not on your brand list but I picked up a carbon fiber Yoshimura slip on and love it. It's throaty and volume adjustable via db killer. Great tone, far better looking and much lighter than the stock can. My 500R is a 2015 but the motor for the newer model is mostly the same. Whatever you go with, spend the extra few bucks to get what you really want. You can sell it when you move on from the bike. (Keep that stock can in storage)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have coffmans exhaust. I love it. Sounds great. Took the baffle out and is loud enough to be noticed but not too loud to make the riding experience bad.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not on your brand list but I picked up a carbon fiber Yoshimura slip on and love it. It's throaty and volume adjustable via db killer. Great tone, far better looking and much lighter than the stock can. My 500R is a 2015 but the motor for the newer model is mostly the same. Whatever you go with, spend the extra few bucks to get what you really want. You can sell it when you move on from the bike. (Keep that stock can in storage)
I have the Akrapovic and Love it. DB killer out. Just the right sound. Best of the Best!
I think only way I'm going Yoshimura or akrapovic is if I go full exhaust.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have coffmans exhaust. I love it. Sounds great. Took the baffle out and is loud enough to be noticed but not too loud to make the riding experience bad.
View attachment 73471
Really considering Coffman but I might lean scorpion. Really wish I had a shop with exhaust near me to try out just to see what I can fit without mounting issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts