Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Decat exhaust is different for 2019 on. Black widow exhausts in the UK are producing one later in the year. But with the cost of the exhaust plus a full reflash at about £400 to £450 I will have to seriously consider if it's really worth it, it may be cheaper to change the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Curious as to why you would want to decat the sucker. If you want to go fast you should have picked up a 600RR
Not always about going fast. Having done mine a while ago just "because I wanted it"; it does sound deeper, but what I noticed more was it changed the whole dynamic of power delivery, like widened the usable power range in both directions. But was actually most noticeable in just regular city riding; as there is more torque available from lower in the rpm, means can get going with less rpm and don't have to rev as high for next shift. Just with the cat delete, there was a measurable difference of it using less fuel, like 7-10mpg better.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I assumed that if anyone had an explanation it would be you or CZ-mate. Thanks for the feedback. I am surprised by your improved fuel consumption.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts