Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a few things for my recently purchased 500 F.
i installed a Puig New generation sport Windshield Part # 3657F = dark smoke. Simple two screws. the thing I want to point out is that most sites say this screen does not fit. IT certainly does. I suspect most sites are slightly behind on up dates. I bought mine from Revzilla ( they had a popup that said doesn't fit) for $107 all in and got here in 2 days.

The next thing was a center stand. Dead simple also. Honda sells one via their accessory link on the website. they list two similar part# for early and late cb500f I think '18 up and '17 back. The 2022 model is 08M70-MKP-J40 ' You can order through the Honda powersports website and what will happen is your order will be forwarded to a nearby participating dealer , along with the parts, for shipment to your address. With tax shipping and a small discount the finale charge was $161. Installation was mostly a snap. One screw to retain the stand pivot. The spring mounting was a little tough. IT is Heavy to pull and you really need a person to spot for you in case you need a "catcher" for the bike. I rigged up a ratchet strap to pull the spring and popped it on by myself in 2 trys. 15 minutes. Both accessory's work flawlessly.
The darker screen and small size is perfect for making the reflected sun off the display so it is readable in daylight.

I am still working out the handle bar fit for me. Right now it looks like a Pro Taper 3" rise is what I need. If that is what I end up with I will also need to replace the front brake line. I have fabricated brake lines for Race cars and Motorcycles for many years and that will not be a problem in the least. I'll post the details on that when make that change. 馃

Registered
Yes, the center stand spring was amusing to install, but finally I managed as well. The center stand doesn鈥檛 see a lot of use, but when needed for chain & wheel maintenance it is great. I also have the small Puig fly screen which in spite of it鈥檚 size also works well.

Registered
I have been looking for a few things for my recently purchased 500 F.
i installed a Puig New generation sport Windshield Part # 3657F = dark smoke. Simple two screws. the thing I want to point out is that most sites say this screen does not fit. IT certainly does. I suspect most sites are slightly behind on up dates. I bought mine from Revzilla ( they had a popup that said doesn't fit) for $107 all in and got here in 2 days.

The next thing was a center stand. Dead simple also. Honda sells one via their accessory link on the website. they list two similar part# for early and late cb500f I think '18 up and '17 back. The 2022 model is 08M70-MKP-J40 ' You can order through the Honda powersports website and what will happen is your order will be forwarded to a nearby participating dealer , along with the parts, for shipment to your address. With tax shipping and a small discount the finale charge was $161. Installation was mostly a snap. One screw to retain the stand pivot. The spring mounting was a little tough. IT is Heavy to pull and you really need a person to spot for you in case you need a "catcher" for the bike. I rigged up a ratchet strap to pull the spring and popped it on by myself in 2 trys. 15 minutes. Both accessory's work flawlessly.
The darker screen and small size is perfect for making the reflected sun off the display so it is readable in daylight.

I am still working out the handle bar fit for me. Right now it looks like a Pro Taper 3" rise is what I need. If that is what I end up with I will also need to replace the front brake line. I have fabricated brake lines for Race cars and Motorcycles for many years and that will not be a problem in the least. I'll post the details on that when make that change. 馃
There鈥檚 a really good clip on YouTube that goes through how to set up you lever angles and ergonomics. Here.
I did it in my CB500F and very happy with the way it all works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts