Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Welcome from Sault Ste. Marie. If you find yourself riding this far North-West drop me a line (Sudbury is technically feasible for a meet up too, if I am off that is). In such an event PM me for my phone number in case you need a local hand that can't wait for email. I'll spare you the speel about black bikes. Hopefully your gear is more safety conscious!

Reactions: SC48

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Sault Ste. Marie. If you find yourself riding this far North-West drop me a line (Sudbury is technically feasible for a meet up too, if I am off that is). In such an event PM me for my phone number in case you need a local hand that can't wait for email. I'll spare you the speel about black bikes. Hopefully your gear is more safety conscious!
Nice - will do :)

I'm a very safety-first oriented rider. I have proper gear; nothing bright and flashy, but visible and protective. I don't ride at night...I think it's only happened once or twice in about 4 years where I had to. In terms of riding style and being visible to others, I truly don't think the color of your bike has much to do with it. You can have a lime green paint job with custom pink Spartan helmet and people will still violate your space in many different ways. No need to over do it...I'm of the philosophy of riding defensively, creating a good space cushion/good escape route options, and staying steps ahead of traffic so that incidents are few and far in between, and mostly non-issues.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
You're right, no matter how bright your bike and gear there will always be distracted drivers and young kids racing around unaware of how much they're missing and how lucky they are to not get somebody killed. Just ask any hit and run driver (pedestrian was just killed in my city and the driver didn't stop).

That said, I have seen a vlog on YouTube that tested this theory out. He set up a camera in the dark and rode by it with various colours of gear on. I think I found it!

He came to the same conclusion that I did. To each there own, but you're only fooling yourself.

Reactions: SC48

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody! Contrary to most of you, I don't have (YET) a Honda CB500 but I can tell you I've been shopping around for a replacement for my current bike. Among the CB500X, CB500F & the CBR500R, I'll choose the CB500F, among other reasons because it has a seat height of only 785mm & a look that doesn't pretend to be a race bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.