Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300A/2020 CB500F A
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been lurking a couple of weeks and figured I'd register finally. Just picked up a new 2020 CB500F ABS in Matte Black to add to my garage, and I'm just about done breaking it in. My other ride is a 2019 Rebel 300 that's been tried and tested for 10k kms since brand new without any issues. Not a new rider by any means, but always still learning.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario - I don't really see as many 500Fs as much as I do CBRs or other naked bikes from the Yamaha range around here 🤷‍♂️.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, down here (Maryland) there were none to be found of any kind. I put my $$ down and waited, finally came in a couple of weeks ago. Loving it!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome from Sault Ste. Marie. If you find yourself riding this far North-West drop me a line (Sudbury is technically feasible for a meet up too, if I am off that is). In such an event PM me for my phone number in case you need a local hand that can't wait for email. I'll spare you the speel about black bikes. Hopefully your gear is more safety conscious!

Reactions: SC48

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300A/2020 CB500F A
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Sault Ste. Marie. If you find yourself riding this far North-West drop me a line (Sudbury is technically feasible for a meet up too, if I am off that is). In such an event PM me for my phone number in case you need a local hand that can't wait for email. I'll spare you the speel about black bikes. Hopefully your gear is more safety conscious!
Nice - will do :)

I'm a very safety-first oriented rider. I have proper gear; nothing bright and flashy, but visible and protective. I don't ride at night...I think it's only happened once or twice in about 4 years where I had to. In terms of riding style and being visible to others, I truly don't think the color of your bike has much to do with it. You can have a lime green paint job with custom pink Spartan helmet and people will still violate your space in many different ways. No need to over do it...I'm of the philosophy of riding defensively, creating a good space cushion/good escape route options, and staying steps ahead of traffic so that incidents are few and far in between, and mostly non-issues.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
You're right, no matter how bright your bike and gear there will always be distracted drivers and young kids racing around unaware of how much they're missing and how lucky they are to not get somebody killed. Just ask any hit and run driver (pedestrian was just killed in my city and the driver didn't stop).

That said, I have seen a vlog on YouTube that tested this theory out. He set up a camera in the dark and rode by it with various colours of gear on. I think I found it!

He came to the same conclusion that I did. To each there own, but you're only fooling yourself.

Reactions: SC48
1 - 9 of 9 Posts