Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2019 Rebel 300A/2020 CB500F A
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know how many 2019+ CB500F owners have changed (or thinking about changing) their exhaust.

I know Honda made some tweaks to the exhaust for the 2019 model year onward, and I think they just absolutely nailed it. I find myself torn between wanting to put a LeoVince vs. leaving it stock. Just a few more decibels, and I think this exhaust would have been just perfect 馃槵. I love that they didn't make it sound like a sewing machine, added a touch of just the right amount of pops and crackles on the overrun, yet kept it within a reasonable volume that your neighbors don't get annoyed if you ride late at night.

Still, that Leo Vince Corsa Evo is calling me...

Anyway, below is the best sounding clip of the stock exhaust in action. It's an older vid and I'm sure a lot have seen it. But, if you haven't, here you go!

Registered
I鈥檓 going to change my exhaust but still un decided which one to get

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I鈥檓 going to change my exhaust but still un decided which one to get
I don't know if model years are interchangeable when it comes to slip-ons, or if it's year specific. I see a lot of good selection for generations pre 2019 model, but not much for 2019+. Of course you got your standard GPs and Coffmans that will fit any year, but I don't see Two Brothers Racing slip ons specific to 2019+ 500Fs. Those ones in my opinion sound the best in terms of deep rumble tone. The closest I've heard to that would be from the Leo Vince line up; everything else (ex: Yoshi, Akra, Shorty etc) just sounds too high pitched, overly loud, and would definitely get the wrong type of attention.

what where you thinking?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just pulled the trigger on a Leo Vince Corsa GP Evo. There's plenty of tube vids showcasing the sound on and off the bike. It's the best sounding (to my ears as this is very subjective) in the price range. I'll be sure to upload vids when installed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Small update: it's near impossible to get a decent pipe... everywhere is sold out. Even a shorty GP (which I absolutely don't want) will cost me almost triple to get it here, so no.

I got an email saying that my Leo won't be here before 4 weeks. Order was processed, no indication that it was sold out...now I wait I guess...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks super clean, nicely done. Uh....sound check??? ;)

Registered
That looks super clean, nicely done. Uh....sound check??? ;)
THK 馃馃徏馃馃徏馃馃徏 I have a Video Clip from that day but I do not know how I upload a video 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔忦煠佛煆烩嶁檪锔忦煠佛煆烩嶁檪锔

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THK 馃馃徏馃馃徏馃馃徏 I have a Video Clip from that day but I do not know how I upload a video 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔忦煠佛煆烩嶁檪锔忦煠佛煆烩嶁檪锔
Hey, you can just upload to UTube and then post a link 馃

1 - 14 of 14 Posts